Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return is continually freezing on check this entry when attempting to submit. I used robinhood to upload the forms so idk why I would have to check anything

Same issue here, but with Morgan Stanley. Support was nice, but completely inept. It's ridiculous that this bug hasn't been addressed by TT. I've wasted hours of my life, but the fix worked and I'm moving on. This sucks. FIX IT TT!!!!

My return is continually freezing on check this entry when attempting to submit. I used robinhood to upload the forms so idk why I would have to check anything

@LinaJ2020 Manual entry is not correct as far as i know. It doesn't account for any washed sales. Also, i don't see any place to enter the total number of sales. So it reflects as 1 single sale in the total sales column and I don't think these numbers are correctly getting reflected in the refund or in your calculations.

fornarch

Manual entry does work. You have to check the box after you enter in the total sales and proceeds near the bottom of the page. I cannot remember exactly what it says, something about adjustments or additional items. It's on the same page before you confirm. Then towards the bottom you select option W for a wash sale. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You may need to update your Robinhood app to the latest version. They have made changes to the app for the 2020 tax season. Please click How to Upload Your Form 1099 to TurboTax to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same issue here with Etrade.  I have hundreds of transactions, I'm not going to enter these manually.  I've been a TurboTax customer for 20 years, apparently last year will have been my last year, as I'm going to have to use someone else.  It's absurd that this issue has been going on for at least two years.

I had this happen with Merrill, nothing to do with crypto, they need to fix this or at least give me a refund so I can just have an accountant take care of this

I had to just switch to the desktop version of Turbo Tax, it's much easier and faster to use if you have tons of equity transactions anyway, but it still has quirks.  It does make it obvious, however, which transactions need to be fixed for this.

Same problem with Wells Fargo.  It keeps asking me to confirm a number but the page to do that just continues to attempt to load but never loads.  Your only choice is Wait or Reload which does nothing but the same fail to load.  Tried all suggested resolutions with no success in resolution.  I cannot continue to file and am stuck on this without any resolution.

This is bad, here it is a few days before taxes are due and the issue is still happening! .Why am I paying for premier if I have to do this myself. I will be calling Turbotax and demanding a refund and I suggest all those who are experiencing this issue to do the same.

@TerukoLNo, it has nothing to do with the app. This is browser based. Your coders are trash.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

TurboTax will direct you to the trades that need review. There are sometimes wash sales or other reasons to adjust the basis. 

For more information, see: 

@wtpass

@etb4u

beaver_bridge
Returning Member

I am having the same issue, but I user Interactive Brokers. Trash service. Will see if I can enter the stuff manually and update.

beaver_bridge
Returning Member

Update:

So I have two choices in order to try to report my 1099-B with wash sales, but neither or these really work

1) Automatically import all my information, but then I get this bug where the website freezes when I have to review my 1099B.

2) Enter in the transaction information manually. However, if you have wash-sale issues, you get an error when you try to add aggregate  information, and so it doesn't let you add aggregate information with wash sales. Via their help file, it says to enter in all your transaction information one bye one to deal with this "Answer the questions about your sales. Choose to Enter sales one by one when asked."

So the automatic import tool doesn't work. Aggregate reporting doesn't work. Turbotax wants me to enter in all my information manually for hundreds if not thousands of transactions. That is ridiculous. 

@KathrynG3If it freezes when I load it, how do you think it will direct me anywhere if it is frozen? Did you bother reading the thread?

So, it seems not a **bleep** thing was done.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies