Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ceslinger

My Minnesota return schedule M15 line 22 has an amount on it which makes the return unable to e-file. I can mail it but want e-file my fed or Ill return, but can't.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My Minnesota return schedule M15 line 22 has an amount on it which makes the return unable to e-file. I can mail it but want e-file my fed or Ill return, but can't.

I have the same problem. I sold a property and did not make large enough estimated payments to MN and they hit me with a penalty. The solution is to restart the filing process and select the state mail option. I printed the state (40+ pages) and will mail it in Monday. This may be a TTAX bug. 

Another issue is that TTAX charges for E-file and then cannot do it. This is a billing problem.

Imagine my surprise to find out that this problem is nearly a year old. I have the same problem that you experienced in early 2019. Also as for you I cannot find a place to get a refund. My only recourse is contest the charge with the credit card company.

Kona2

Just ran into this same issue... it's maddening that it doesn't flag it in the software until after you pay the filing fee and attempt to submit the return. When you're going through the MN return questions, it only says that you need to file by mail if you use the annualized income method to calculate the penalty.

Annnddddd it's still an issue in 2021.  Not cool Intuit.

abergero2

This just happened to me too...have you found a way to get a refund for the State filing?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Turbo Tax support via phone to see if there are any possible workarounds that they can help with; contact details can be found here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tuanpham

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies