Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wshen8989

My laptop doesn't have a cd rom drive. how do I load the 2018 Turbo tax home and business software?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My laptop doesn't have a cd rom drive. how do I load the 2018 Turbo tax home and business software?

Couple of options ... download the installation file on the CD to  another computer and save it to a thumb drive  then move it to the new computer.   

Or contact TT support to have a download pushed to your account. 

You can still install the TurboTax software you purchased if your computer doesn't have a CD drive.

1. Start by setting up your TurboTax account if you don't already have an account with us.
    • Be sure to include your address when creating your account.
    • Don't know if you already have an account? Here's how to find out.
  2. Contact us.
    • Select CD/Download and your operating system in the Which product is your question about? drop-down.
    • In the Which edition? drop-down, select the version you purchased (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business).
    • In the What do you need help with? box, type in, No CD drive, and select Continue.  
  3. On the OK, let’s get you an answer! screen, fill out your contact information and select Get the phone number.
  4. On the next screen, you’ll see our automated system phone number and your unique support ID, which you may need for your call. It will help identify you and save you time. Call the number and continue through the prompts.
    • If you’re asked why you’re calling, say, “No CD drive”.
  5. After completing the phone request, you’ll receive an email to confirm your download. Follow the link to verify.
  6. Your download will then available in your TurboTax account. Sign in to My Downloads and download your TurboTax software.

Related Information:

wshen8989

I called Turbotax.  A friendly and knowledgeable  technician solved my problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies