turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

I finally got through to someone at the irs today. Don’t waste your time. Was on hold for 40 mins, they said they can only answer general questions, none that are person specific. And when I asked for reasons why we’d get half of what we should, they said there isn’t enough information from legislation yet and to just keep checking the website because she was not sure why that would happen. 

My husband and I only received 1/2 of our stimulus checks! We should have received $4200 (me, him, dependent) but only got $2100. Why? We don't make the max amount.

Same thing happened with us.  We only received $2,100 when we should of received $4,200.   We make way under the married filed jointly threshold with one dependent.  Was hoping to finally get some major dental work done finally.  GRRRR!

We also only received half of our third stimulus payment.... does anyone know if this is only happening to Turbo Tax customers or what??? How do they justify $2100 when it should of been $4200??? How did they come up with that amount? What is the next step??? Do we wait a whole year and file on taxes??? This is a bit ridiculous considering we were one of the families that had to wait longer to receive our second stimulus check!!! Any information is greatly appreciated.

Jeffbargar1
Returning Member

So interestingly enough I did the Stimulus Tracker Tool https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment and it says my payment was scheduled for today and I got the $2100.  When I entered my wifes info it says her payment has not been scheduled yet.  I wonder if for some reason they split it up and then she will be getting a 2100 payment as well?  We filed jointly.....might be interested if others checked to see if theirs is saying the same thing.....

ME TOO!!!!  So I should be getting 5600 if you go from my 2020 return that is still processing...or 4600 if you go off of my 2019 return.  On Saturday I had a pending deposit of 2100 and I only got 2100.  We are WELL below the max income and do not owe anything.  I have been searching for an answer since Saturday.  I even tried to ask people on TIk Tok that post videos about the stimulus package.  And the "My payment protal" doesn't help me either.  

Oh and we did get the first two stimmis.

Is there a membership fee for this new club I have stumbled on lol???  

SMH.  I am in the same boat.  IRS tool says suppose to get 4200.  2100 in my account.  Wheres the other 2100.  No one to call or anything.  AGI is well under the max amount.  Where is the rest!!!

Of course, other people i talk to say they got their full amount.  Checked my turbo tax agi and dependents.  All is well.  Suppose to get 4200.  only got 2100.  I bank with huntington and wondered if it is a bank deal or something.  Where do we go from here now???   Show me the money!  Or something like that.

I thought maybe it is because I use a credit union but doesn't seem to be the case.  It would just be nice if someone could explain why this is happening??  Really takes a bite out of catching up...

Read your post and used both of our info's in the link.... it said being deposited today for both BUT we only received half???? This is sooo frustrating 😤 

I had previously posted this: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-my-husband-and-i-only-received-1-2-of-our-stim...

An update from the IRS.. 

I spoke with someone this morning at the IRS who stated that in circumstances like these, one spouse will get direct deposit and the other will receive a paper check. The second half of the payment MAY be direct deposited later, hopefully, but if not you will receive a paper check in the next 2-3 weeks. They cannot explain why. 

The get my payment option shows that the funds are being deposited into my bank account but the bank only received one payment under my name. The other check should be in my spouses name. 

I will share this on the original post, also. 

I went to IRS that gob and checked my stimulus in mine and my husbands both says it was to be deposited today but there was only one payment posted for $2100 I know that this is free money but some of us really really need it and when you’re counting on it to pay your bills and then you don’t get it it’s really frustrating and we have nobody to call to get answers

Well, what the heck! Thank you for sharing though. I checked my “get my payment” and my husbands and both have the same bank account and deposit date, but we only got one direct deposit. I’m hoping the other half comes in some form. 

That would make sense if I only got 1400 and not the other 1400 but in this case I (we all) got 2100 so how does it make any sense whatsoever.  And we should be getting at least 4200 if not 5600 for my newest kiddo

157899EA-2BD1-4357-A821-6C6175B903CA.png

Mine also said this--hang tight! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies