turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

russellluker
Returning Member

My 2018 Tax returns

I paid for your services, and my taxes were not filed 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

My 2018 Tax returns

Did you submit it?  Only you can file your return.  When did you efile?  Was your return Accepted?  You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say? If it says Ready to Mail that means you are suppose to print and mail your return to the IRS. 

russellluker
Returning Member

My 2018 Tax returns

I got no reply from either returns (state and Federal) I have a copy of the 1040. sent a check to both state and federal with the forms from my return. I check on turbo tax and they show nothing about a 2018 return

russellluker
Returning Member

My 2018 Tax returns

October 8th is when I thought I filed my tax returns

My 2018 Tax returns

That's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

My 2018 Tax returns

Using the online editions of TurboTax you either e-file a tax return or you print and mail a tax return.  The TurboTax account fees are the same whether a tax return is either e-filed or printed for mailing.  There are no e-file charges using the TurboTax online editions, federal or state.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

The TurboTax online editions for tax year 2018 have closed.

Use this TurboTax website to check the status of an e-filed return and if it was either accepted or rejected - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the status of the e-filed tax return is anything other than Accepted and you did not print and mail the tax return, then the return was not filed.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

russellluker
Returning Member

My 2018 Tax returns

It show no return on the site, if I have an electronic copy of it, what do I do now to file my tax returns

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2018 Tax returns

if you mailed your returns, TT gets no update as to their status and you get no email  as to status.  TT will always show ready to mail.  you can go to federal and state websites to check status. IRS use view my account or get transcript.  

My 2018 Tax returns

Do you have the pdf file?  Or the .tax2018 file?  If you have the pdf then print out the returns and mail them.

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

russellluker
Returning Member

My 2018 Tax returns

I file my tax returns to electronically sent them, but don't remember seeing an orange button.

I I'm assuming that I need to send hard copies to the IRS now???

russellluker
Returning Member

My 2018 Tax returns

I have already sent checks to the state and Federal addresses, Federal has already cash that check, but what your tell me is that my tax returns were never filed electronically?? Is that correct?

My 2018 Tax returns

If your account and the status lookup link does not say Accepted then it was not efiled.  Either you didn't continue on to the very end and finish submitting it or it rejected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies