Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@JustMe3i Our TurboTax Development Team has been working non-stop to support e-file for IRS Form 1116 Sch B. We’re happy to share that the functionality is currently available in our Online Product. Desktop functionality should be ready by Saturday 3/12/22. Look out for a new engine update and you should be able to e-file!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Missing 2021 Form 1116

1116 still not available today 3/11/2022. I notice that TT keeps moving forward the predicted date. Also the page that shows what forms are available shows that 1116 is available as is the Schedule B part of it, which I should not need anyway, since I have no carryover/carryback. But it isn't. What the heck?!

Missing 2021 Form 1116

BTW, mine is online version (big mistake, got that this year without thinking it out), and it "Premier." When I get to that spot to finish 1116, it gives me a zero, presumably meaning zero forms are ready. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

And no, I am not going to do it manually. I am capable of doing my whole return manually, but use TT to save time. Fixing bug in TT myself would be more time-consuming than filing by hand, though I would then have to figure out how to e-file, as my state requires. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Looks like it's working now for TT H&B.  Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I have the desktop version and was able to Create the file and turbo changed error message from not finding the attachment 1116 sched b to , you need to update your software before you transmit and it just loops because they are no more updates and it ask for one . Again this is after turbo found the attachment I created 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I now have the Schedule B being generated now but will wait for the next update before trying to eFile.

HOWEVER, has anyone checked the actual entries in Schedule B to make sure they are correct? 

The old 1116 Comp Wks used to carry them over very nicely.  But now I am finding quite a change especially in the 1116 AMT Wks which seems to generate a carryover, but then does not render that correctly into the Schedule B.  In the new Schedule B, it uses up all my AMT carryover with a negative amount, even though I did not have any AMT liability this year!

Is anyone checking the Schedule B entries (both regular and AMT) correctly?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

For those of you still with issues on the desktop version, I was able to eFile by doing the following.  

Go into Forms and delete form 1116.  Go back into deductions and select the foreign taxes paid section, click update and then re-enter everything.   Once I did that it passed all the validations and allowed me to eFile.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I would check the instructions for Form 1116 on the IRS website. There are 3 conditions which all have to be true for you to not file form 1116. For me it says NOT NOT FILE but I know I have to file, also the calculation for the credit seems to be broken.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Another update arrived overnight for TTMac H&B and the forms availability page now shows "available" for all versions.  Everything looks the same, Form 1116 and Schedule B still have the 3/7/22 version number, and my return still passes error check.  Have not tried to e-file yet so don't know if I will have to use tbayuk's work-around.  In the parallel thread, Don-TT has the same question but using a slightly different update than I am:  2021.r21.082 vs my 2021.r21.083

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/2021-form-1116-schedule-b-carryo...

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I did get mine to work with 1116, Return was efiled  and accepted by IRS 3/7. I zeroed  out the carry forward tax credits for foreign taxes on schedule B. In my case this made no difference as I could not apply them anyway. My returned processed and I got the proper credit for foreign taxes paid. 

Clearly botched  by Turbo Tax. Reading articles that the IRS is so backed up a manual return could take many months to file, suggesting manual updates and no efile as a valid workaround is not a solution.

KHM2
Level 3

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Finally able to e-file with 1116 sched b no issues.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

The eFile for 1116 Schedule B for desktop version was release last night and is available today. Please close Turbo tax and reopen, this will download the updates and you will be able to eFile.

I had the same issue until yesterday however I was able to successfully eFIle today after following the steps I mentioned. Good Luck

m3m
Level 1

Missing 2021 Form 1116

To all:

Thanks for all the tips, suggestions and shared frustrations on this "topic".

I have not yet tried to see if TT has REALLY fixed; I'm on TT Premier, On Line

(due to ONE stock sale, and no CD tray). Very expensive & frustrating experience

this filing year-this is NOT my only issue. Had better find an accountant next year,

as will have a K-1- as beneficiary for Capital Loss carryover. TT will NEVER get that

right, I'm sure. Regards to all, m3m

Missing 2021 Form 1116

California State and Federal taxes were successfully e-filed after relaunching TurboTax and installing the update, which contained the formerly-missing Form 1116 Schedule B. The state and federal forms automatically updated after installation and sent me straight to e-filing, which was as seamless as always--a great relief! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies