Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I am using TurboTax 2021 Home & Business Desktop version for Mac.

Last week when I tried to complete Foreign Tax Credit Form 1116 I received an error message that the IRS had not yet completed the form and I should check back later.

Today I updated to Formset 2021.11607.  Using EasyStep it now allows me to enter preliminary Foreign Tax Credit information to the point of selecting between a credit or deduction.  When I choose the deduction option the EasyStep process stops, it defaults to the credit option, and will not complete Form 1116.  I do not get an error message, just the warning “Do Not File” on the blank Form 1116.

Is this a known bug with this update?

Is TurboTax still waiting for the IRS to make Form 1116 available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit is estimated to be finalized on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

View solution in original post

762 Replies

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit is estimated to be finalized on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Looking on the IRS website today (01/28/2022) I see the 2021 Form 1116 available now, why would it not also be available in TurboTax?

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1116.pdf

TomK100
Expert Alumni

Missing 2021 Form 1116

If the IRS has newly updated/released a form, it may take additional time for it toc be updated in the program. 

The  tentative date that Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for AMT will be available on TurboTax is 2/17/22.

Please see the IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Missing 2021 Form 1116

You can download the form from the IRS website and complete it yourself and mail in return. That’s an option if you can’t wait until software is programmed, tested and released for use online.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Latest TurboTax update Formset 2021.11681 1/28/22 again includes a notice for Form 1116:

The Foreign Tax Credit Area Will Be Ready Soon
You've done a great job starting your taxes early, but the IRS is still working on finishing up the Foreign Tax Credit (Form 1116) for 2021.  That means this area isn't quite ready yet.  Check back soon and we'll help you finish up.  Let's keep working on other parts of your return.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

A little disengenuous to blame the IRS for lack of availability of a  form when the IRS has released the form and it is Turbotax who needs to update their logic to accommodate. A clear error message that indicates that that an update is pending to incorporate the logic for form 1116 and targeted for Feb 17 would help instead of leaving users scratching their head on this. 

So my ability to file and refund is now held up waiting for Turbo tax to catch up with the IRS. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Seconded completely based on my identical experience. Another suggestion for error messages re. forms/logic not being ready: just point to the link where the expected dates are listed. Would save a lot of folks a lot of head scratching.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

How do you update Turbotax 2021 to Formset 2021.11607

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116 will be available to file on 2/17/2022 as per Federal Individual Form Availability Online and Federal Individual Form Availability Desktop.

@Sakhtar98

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Form 1116 has been available on the IRS web site for over a week. New TurboTax update installed today, still no Form 1116, and the bogus message in the program remains in place. Lovely customer service, lovely...
---------------------------------------

Form 1116 Excuse.jpg

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@waggett wrote:

Form 1116 has been available on the IRS web site for over a week. New TurboTax update installed today, still no Form 1116, and the bogus message in the program remains in place. Lovely customer service, lovely...
---------------------------------------

Form 1116 Excuse.jpg

As previously stated -

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 02/17/2022

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Looks like the date has been pushed back to 2/24/2022 now.☹️

Missing 2021 Form 1116

the updated date is 02/24

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Users, for your own sakes, please take a deep breath and relax.  It's only the first week of February. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies