Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Maryland return pending because forms weren't ready ( the website said they were). I was emailed my forms were ready but return still pending. Season is open now. Advise

I cannot find the "forms" that were supposedly not ready and i cannot submit my return. Will my return be submitted today since the season opened? I do not want any delay
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Maryland return pending because forms weren't ready ( the website said they were). I was emailed my forms were ready but return still pending. Season is open now. Advise

Thank you both for the replies. I was on chat with support and screen sharing. I am using the online version and my fed was already accepted. The chat agent thinks the issue is since the forms ARE ready for online but not for paper filing, that is creating an issue where my return was efiled but I'm still hung up on the print and view returns page since they haven't released those for mailing yet...

stupid.

It's worth mentioning my email told me I had to go in and complete my return but never gave any next steps. after much googling since nothing was different in turbotax, I went to add a state, then clicked on Maryland again and let the auto scan do it's thing. I guess that worked despite no formal confirmation nor status change because it shows Maryland receiving my return a few days after filing. This seems like a convoluted process and I hope my experience can help others avoid similar frustration. It would be nice if the online version just completed the process from the beginning since the online forms were available at time of filing per that form page... Thanks for the help. here's hoping that pending changes to accepted real fast.

View solution in original post

74 Replies

If your forms are not ready you have to wait.   Click Review to see what you are waiting for.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The forms are ready. Here is the email I received days ago.

The wait is over! The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready to go.

Info Worksheet

Form 502, Resident Income Tax Return

Form 502SU, Subtractions From Income

Form 502B, MD Dependents Information

Sign in to TurboTax and pick up where you left off to complete your return.

Okay----what happens when you try to e-file your state return now?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Still shows up like this

Returns that are preview only

Your return(s) will be available to download once all tax forms are available.

2021 Maryland Tax Return
PREVIEW

If I click on that it still shows the DO NOT FILE all over the popup

...one further question though.....have you already e-filed your Federal tax return.

IF so, when Fed and State are transmitted at separate times, sometimes you cannot proceed to e-file the state forms until the Federal file has been "Accepted", and that should occur sometime this week.  The MD forms might be locked into the older forms until that occurs.  (yeah, I'm guessing) 

.............either that or the email and form status showing on the State Forms page is premature and someone didn't get the notice that the forms really weren't really ready yet.

Other thought: You have indicated you are using the "Online" browser-based software in your original question....if that is not accurate, and you are using the Desktop software, you may need to run a software update first.  The desktop software updates sometimes need to be initiated by the user.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you both for the replies. I was on chat with support and screen sharing. I am using the online version and my fed was already accepted. The chat agent thinks the issue is since the forms ARE ready for online but not for paper filing, that is creating an issue where my return was efiled but I'm still hung up on the print and view returns page since they haven't released those for mailing yet...

stupid.

It's worth mentioning my email told me I had to go in and complete my return but never gave any next steps. after much googling since nothing was different in turbotax, I went to add a state, then clicked on Maryland again and let the auto scan do it's thing. I guess that worked despite no formal confirmation nor status change because it shows Maryland receiving my return a few days after filing. This seems like a convoluted process and I hope my experience can help others avoid similar frustration. It would be nice if the online version just completed the process from the beginning since the online forms were available at time of filing per that form page... Thanks for the help. here's hoping that pending changes to accepted real fast.

I am having the same issue.  Just finished my Federal and Maryland, set up for e-file, confirmed to pay $117 to TurboTax to file and I cannot efile my Maryland return with my federal because forms 502, 502B 1, 502SU, and Infor Worksheet are not ready for processing, but I am not sure why they are not ready when I was able to go through the whole process and review without issue.  Hoping there isn't an issue with my return.  A little upset to pay the extra fee :(

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

We do show the forms you mentioned as now available to e-file on the forms availability list, but we will check that information.  Are there any other forms in the return which might be triggering that message?
Maryland forms availability

It is possible that clearing cache and cookies may stop the browser from displaying that screen and refresh the page.  Or you can try signing in with a different browser.  Here are directions to clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

If the federal forms are all finalized and it is ready to e-file, you can choose to file just the federal return at this time and have all the TurboTax fees taken out of the federal return, then come back when Maryland is ready and then e-file that return.

1. When you get to the Here are your filing options screen
  2. Select Change next to your state return
  3. On the the Change filing method screen
  4. Select I'm not ready to file
  5. Click Save

Note, if you don't e-file them together, you do have to wait until the federal is accepted before you can e-file the state.  Sometimes this takes a day or even two.

Here is a TurboTax Help article with directions for when you return to file your state return.

File State after the Federal is Filed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Filed 1-29-2022 my federal was accepted , my state is Pending.. all forms were available to me … normally MD returns are expected 3-4 days after e-filing 

Type * ACCEPTED*

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

@Neek0714

If you received notification that forms are not ready does not mean that you were not able to access them when preparing the return, it means that e-filing is delayed until the program is updated.  There is nothing you have to do as long as it is pending.  When all forms are ready, the return will process and you will receive notification of acceptance or rejection.

I e-filed the Federal return because it was free. I refuse to pay a fee to file the state forms unless the fee is the same price as a stamp and an envelope. I am still stuck unable to print my Maryland return. When can I print the Maryland forms so I can mail them myself?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

@NVS1980

The forms will be available to print when the forms are available.  TurboTax cannot update forms until it is received by the IRS and each state.  Check back in a few days to see if you print your return.

[Edited: 2/3/22 9:02AM PST]

Well it seems like Turbo Tax need to update the software ASAP ! My husband filed via H&R Block and guess what his state was accepted yesterday morning after filing Tuesday night 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies