Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jgdemeritt
Returning Member

MA refund not from my tax return

A Massachusetts law was passed in 2021 that required excess tax collections to be returned to taxpayers based on what they paid for taxes in 2021, which was seperate from the payment or refund on the actual return filed for 2021.  I paid about $4,000 with my MA tax return when it was filed in late March 2022.  Later in 2022, based on the new law, I received about $6,000 from Massachusetts and they gave me a 1099-G for that.  TT is correctly showing the amout paid with the return.  I can't figure out how to add the 1099-G tax refund in the forms.  It's weird because I'll have both a tax payment and a refund in 2022 related to 2021.  I tried the 1099-G form and did the quick zoom to tax worksheet and nothing seemed to let me overide or add this refund.  Any ideas on how to handle this on TT?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Contact Support for this issue.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

jgdemeritt
Returning Member

I called them and the fix was to use the questions instead of the forms to enter both a refund and payment for MA in the same year. It seemed to work fine. 

jgdemeritt
Returning Member

This was solved by using the questions on the program rather than entering directly to forms. I was able to enter the refund and tax paid with the MA return for 2022 on the 2021 returns. This seemed to work fine. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies