Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I link identities?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Link identities ?     Do you mean accounts under different UserIDs ?   

Yes, I opened accounts for my business through QuickBooks and had TurboTax for 7+ years now. I just want to change the username and password for TurboTax to the current user name and password for my QuickBooks login info

I don't think you can change the userID in TT ... did you try in QB ? 

How do I update my TurboTax account information?

To update your TurboTax Advantage account, see these instructions.

To update your TurboTax (non-Advantage) account email, phone number, mailing address, or password:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and select Intuit Account on the left, just above "Sign Out" (you may need to scroll down; click or tap the 3 white lines or Tax Home if you still don't see this).
  2. This will open your Account.
  3. Select Edit next to the information you want to change.

GM,

I created userid: <removed> for my 2018 taxes last year but forgot my password. I tried to log in with forgot password but still couldn't get in. So this year for my 2019 taxes I created a new Userid: KDouglas57. At the end of finalizing turbo taxes for 2019 it asked for my 2018 Agi number...which is only found on my 2018 taxes I generated last year, still unable to get into. How do I link the 2 Userid???

Please email me at [email address removed], thanks

i have 2, potentialy 3 accounts for turbotax that have the same username. i just want to link, or merge them . also trying to find 2018 AGI and it seems to have disapered.

2020-04-25 (18).png

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

We protect your accounts with the latest technology for privacy and security. Unfortunately, this doesn’t allow a safe and secure way to merge accounts.

It’s best to use the same TurboTax account each year and to use the same User ID and password for all of your accounts including TurboTax, Mint, and QuickBooks Self-Employed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 5.34.46 PM.pngWhat, then, is "linked identities" in the Account Manager?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can supposedly link your google account to your Quickbooks account - See more details here.  

You cannot merge or link 2 different TurboTax account IDs however.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Identities is the language Intuit uses in my Profile and Settings.  Why can't we link separate Intuit Accounts?  My wife handles charitable gifts through It's Deductible with her own log in - and this year is the first year I cannot import those donations because it restricts imports to my log in (identity) which is different from hers.  We have over 25 separate donations that I will have to hand input after it was work she already did.  NOT HAPPY.

MooreAJ

Unfortunately, for many of us it's not that simple.
For example. the accounting department at my employer set up a QB account for payroll services, and I've had another for tax prep and credit monitoring for several years. Now I effectively have two logins and accounts for the same site, and the information isn't shared between them. It would be very nice to be able to make that association between the respective accounts. 

sdalal2
Returning Member

The original question has gone unanswered for years. This is not a tax question; it’s a technical question relating to account management across Intuit products.

What are Linked Identities? How does one link an Identity to another one? Why would one want to Link Identities?

The community seems to think it will help work around the long-standing Intuit problem of users inadvertently creating/using different accounts in different products or tax years when we believe we are using single identities tied to the same email address.

Ugh was hoping for an answer!  We changed our name and email but Intuit won't change it.  The business name is no long in use!! 

How does intuit not understand this??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem and even got an refusal to recover accounts -- when they had all the info (the same) on my three separate "identities". Intuit really has no interest in customer support hiding behind privacy concerns. If we have access to all three accounts can prove those identities-- you would think we had the ability to to link with a single sign in. None of their answer make any sense.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies