turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rosemlima

Last year I got money back from both. This year it will not let me file unless I pay the remaining balance from last year. Why is it telling me I owe when i dont?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Last year I got money back from both. This year it will not let me file unless I pay the remaining balance from last year. Why is it telling me I owe when i dont?

I would like clarification.  Are you being asked to pay the remaining balance for TurboTax fees?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rosemlima

No, its telling me I owe state from last year. But I got money back. So I dont understand why I have to pay state for last year when I got money back 

Your question doesn't make sense,  please use the actual year In your post.  Turbo Tax doesn't know if you still owe for a prior year 2018 or before.

Sounds like you got Refunds for your 2018 returns.   Each year is separate.  Sounds like you have a state tax due this year for 2019.  You don't always get a refund.  You didn't have enough state withholding taken out or you entered an amount wrong.  Check your W2 state withholding in box 17.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies