Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

@docmartn wrote:

Staying permanently or just through the 2022 tax reporting season?

To be determined.

See How do I export my data from ItsDeductible? (intuit.com)

Willie Villarreal
Returning Member

Filed taxes since3/1/2022 gt c12 letter sent documents 4/5/2022 and still being processed haven't gt thru irs for the past month stay on hold for up to 3 hrs

@Willie Villarreal wrote:

Filed taxes since3/1/2022 gt c12 letter sent documents 4/5/2022 and still being processed haven't gt thru irs for the past month stay on hold for up to 3 hrs

The IRS is taking 6 months and longer to process tax returns.

Go to this IRS website for the status of filed tax returns - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of July 8, 2022, we had 11.2 million unprocessed individual tax year 2021 returns. Of these, 1.9 million returns require error correction or other special handling, and 9.3 million are paper returns waiting to be reviewed and processed. This work does not typically require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund and in some cases this work could take 90 to 120 days. If a correction is made to any Recovery Rebate Credit, Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

How long you may have to wait: The IRS understands the importance of timely processing of tax returns and refund issuance. We have processed all error free returns received prior to December 2021 and continue to work the returns that need to be manually reviewed due to errors.  We are continuing to reroute tax returns and taxpayer correspondence from locations that are behind to locations where more staff is available, and we are taking other actions to minimize any delays. Tax returns are opened and processed in the order received. As the return is processed, whether it was filed electronically or on paper, it may be delayed because it has a mistake including errors concerning the Recovery Rebate Credit and the Child Tax Credit, is missing information, or there is suspected identity theft or fraud. If we can fix it without contacting you, we will. If we need more information or need you to verify that it was you who sent the tax return, we will write you a letter. The resolution of these issues could take 90 to 120 days depending on how quickly and accurately you respond, and the ability of IRS staff trained and working under social distancing requirements to complete the processing of your return.

What you should do: In most instances, no further action is needed but you may check Where’s My Refund? or you can view your account. If you filed electronically and received an acknowledgement, you do not need to take any further action other than promptly responding to any requests for information. If you filed on paper, check Where’s My Refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review. If you filed before October 2021 and Where’s My Refund? does not have any information, your return has been opened but work on it has not begun. We’re working hard to get through the carryover inventory. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

I hope TT reads this post.  I'm very glad It's Deductible will be available for one more year.  What about after that?  I'd like you to continue to keep it going every year.  Even though most people (including me) are now using the standard deduction for Federal taxes, I can still itemize on my state taxes (I'm sure my state isn't the only one).  Also, there are times I can still itemize on the Federal.  I don't remember any guidance from TT about checking state regulations to determine if itemizing deductions would be beneficial for state returns.  I found out about that on my own, so I itemize while doing the Federal return and it crosses over to my state return.  I wonder how many are missing out on lowering their state taxes because they are unaware of this.  Maybe you would get more people using It's Deductible if you brought that to attention somewhere in your TT products.

@BabyRN wrote:

I hope TT reads this post.  

You can be assured:

Send a letter.

2700 Coast Ave

Mountain View, CA 94043

Though it doesn't upload, the CHARITYDEDUCTIONS website is an option. EZ to manually fill in a few fields but at least they have values and let you build lists.

So very happy that Itsdeductible is being continued.  THANKS Intuit and Community!

I believe that you saw the old message continuing ID for 2022.  I can find nothing on the site that indicates that Intuit is planning to continue ID in 2023.

If they were planning to continue ID I'm sure that they would make a grand, public announcement.

@DKB25 wrote:

I can find nothing on the site that indicates that Intuit is planning to continue ID in 2023.

On the other hand, is there anything on the site indicating Intuit is not planning to continue ID for 2023?

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/login-password/export-data-itsdeductible...

Untitled.png

The post from Intuit says they’re not discontinuing it. I would think this means they’re not discontinuing it.

Also, since it’s already November I would have to think it’s too late to discontinue it for the 2023 tax year - especially given the uproar from last time. I think they’d be likely to provide much more notice if they were to discontinue it, and hopefully a migration path for affected users. 

The original reversal of Intuit's decision to discontinue ID indicated that they would continue to support it for tax year 2022, making it available through Oct/2023 to support tax filing through the normal deadline for tax year 2022 filing.

The "Best Answer" to this thread from Intuit states "we have revised our decision and will continue to support ItsDeductible next year". There's no indication of a decision to support ID past Tax Year 2022.

The link in the "Best Answer" to this thread is ambiguous about how long ID will be supported. It refers to an email which I received on July 5, 2022, which states "will continue to support ItsDeductible next year."

It would be much appreciated if Intuit would clarify whether support of ID is only continued through Tax Year 2022 or ongoing for future years.

I agree.  As a community we should thank them for listening to us and continuing to support through Tax Year 2022.  That said, it would be much appreciated if Intuit would clarify whether support of ID is continued for Tax Year 2023. 

Their original announcement said that they were discontinuing ID.  The only modification to this statement was to continue it for 2022.  No mention was made to following years.  I suspect that they feel that bringing the subject up again would just  spark the torrent of comments all over again.

It would be nice if they would codify their intent but, based on past behavior I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm convinced that ID is gone after this year.  They will follow up on 2022 only and not set up the structure for 2023.  I would not be surprised to see the ID website taken down and the 2022 followup done through TT.

JiminDC

I would be willing to pay for this on a subscription basis as I do for TurboTax. It's a valuable tool.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies