Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

I have used ItsDeductible for over 20 years since before Intuit acquired it. I switched to H&R Block with DeductionPro because it was less expensive. I switched back when H&R Block integrated DeductionPro into their tax software. Now this will make me switch back to H&R Block with DeductionPro.

Well I guess I will also be moving from TT as the It's Deductible was a terrific product that has served me well for many years.  Can't imagine that it costs Intuit that much to maintain it.  Soo long!!

One more thing.  I just used it this morning to input a donation but this after noon it no longer is allowing me to make another entry and I can't even view the entry I made this morning.  Also, the estimated savings showing this morning has noticeably changed to a much smaller amount.  What's up with this?

@Dwight3 wrote:

What's up with this?

The program is not functional for the 2022 tax year.

You can access your It's Deductible summary reports for this and the previous years but you cannot make new entries for 2022.  Follow IRS Publication 561 and you can use a few charities online Fair Market Value (FMV) estimate tools:  

https://goodwillnne.org/donate/dona[product key removed]/

https://satruck.org/Home/DonationValueGuide

and also financial services websites like Bankrate:

https://www.bankrate.com/taxes/dona[product key removed]/

Personally, I enjoyed the tool and the ability to import the data directly to my Turbo Tax product.  I do not find the Mint app a suitable substitute for managing like-in-kind donations or personal finances.  Mint is fine but I prefer Quicken for managing my finances, investments, and exporting to Turbo Tax.  I guess that will be the next interface to bite the dust in an effort to make us use Mint.  Won't happen.  I'll switch to another tax software first.

You can access your It's Deductible summary reports for this and the previous years but you cannot make new entries for 2022.  Follow IRS Publication 561 and you can use a few charities online Fair Market Value (FMV) estimate tools:  

https://goodwillnne.org/donate/dona[product key removed]/

https://satruck.org/Home/DonationValueGuide

and also financial services websites like Bankrate:

https://www.bankrate.com/taxes/dona[product key removed]/

Personally, I enjoyed the tool and the ability to import the data directly to my Turbo Tax product.  I do not find the Mint app a suitable substitute for managing like-in-kind donations or personal finances.  Mint is fine but I prefer Quicken for managing my finances, investments, and exporting to Turbo Tax.  I guess that will be the next interface to bite the dust in an effort to make us use Mint.  Won't happen.  I'll switch to another tax software first

@CD-in-IL wrote:

.....I prefer Quicken for managing my finances, investments, and exporting to Turbo Tax.  I guess that will be the next interface to bite the dust in an effort to make us use Mint.....

Intuit no longer owns nor controls Quicken.

tagteam: Intuit would still control the import from Quicken to TurboTax and would have an interest in disabling that to promote use of Mint instead of Quicken.

CD-in-IL: I've used TurboTax and Quicken for decades. I'm curious about the type of info that you import from Quicken to TurboTax.

@JimGr wrote:

tagteam: Intuit would still control the import from Quicken to TurboTax and would have an interest in disabling that to promote use of Mint instead of Quicken.

With respect to the desktop versions of TurboTax at least, Intuit would have to disable importing from .txf files which I seriously doubt would happen.

@CD-in-IL CD in IL, I am familiar with those guides, but they are very general and nowhere near as extensive and specific as the Its Deductible database.  For the remainder of this year, at least until October, I am going back to the 2020 database, which is accessible, and using its values inflated by 6% for 2022 and entering the info into an Excel spreadsheet.  Not an optimal solution, but at, least, it's a record. 

Not sure yet if, after more than 20 years of regular use, I will drop TT and switch to H&R Block, but the loss of Its Deductible was a major blow. 

Can't imagine that it costs Intuit that much to maintain it

Well, someone has/had to maintain and update the thousands of values in it.

Not to mention the software updates and hardware maintenance (servers, et al). 

The skills of any personnel required could probably be better deployed in another department.

It would have nice to let present users finish out the 2022 tax year

@tmjapp17ret2010 wrote:

It would have nice to let present users finish out the 2022 tax year

Yes, it would except that would actually require them to continue web site operation until April of 2023 and then October of 2023 for those who filed extensions. 

Its Deductible is one of the BEST features in Turbo Tax.  Why, in heavens name are you deleting it?  And doing it before the current year ends If you have to do this why not do it as of Jan 1,2023. In that way, those of us who have been faithful Turbo Tax users can have it available until year.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies