Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It is not accepting my Webull account number

But how to upload Webull crypto 1099. I converted to CSV but TurboTax is unable to read it

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

TurboTax supports CSV files uploaded from these cryptocurrency services.

• Bitcoin.Tax
  • BitTaxer
  • Coinbase
  • CoinTracker
  • CoinLedger
  • Robinhood
  • TokenTax
  • ZenLedger

Unfortunately, Webull is not on the list of cryptocurrency services compatible with TurboTax.  There is the option to manually enter your cryptocurrency transactions.   Here are the steps to follow to manually enter these transactions.

1. Sign-in to TurboTax, and open or continue your return
  2. In the Wages and Income section under Investments and Savings (or Investment Income), select Start or Revisit next to Crypto (1099-B)
  3. On the next screen, you may see Did you sell any of these investments in 2021? or Time to kick off your investments!, select either Yes or Okay!
  4. On the We can make this faster screen, select Enter a different way, and then select Cryptocurrency on the following screen If, instead, you’re asked to select an investment type, select Cryptocurrency
    1. You’ll then see the Get ready to be impressed screen. Select Continue, then select Try another way
  5. Select Type it in myself on the Select your crypto experience screen 
  6. On the Let’s enter your crypto tax info screen, search for your cryptocurrency exchange 
  7. On the Did you get a 1099-B screen, answer accordingly
      1. If you didn’t get a 1099-B, skip to step 11
  8. Continue answering the interview questions to help us determine the best way to enter your transactions, then select Continue 
  9. Depending on your answers, we’ll recommend either entering your sales One by one or as Sales section totals 
  10. If you answered yes to getting a 1099-B in step 7, we’ll help you find your sales on your form. Then select Continue
  11. Enter your sale information on the next screen, then select Continue
  12. Review your sales information. Repeat these steps for any additional transactions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
S-kaka

Webull says "Tax documents will be available for import through Turbo Tax by Feb 22nd". Try after 22nd of Feb, Thanks 

You're missing the point, your (Intuit) system DOES NOT WORK, instead of throwing your hands up and saying, "well our system is broken so don't use it." why don't you actually FIX the underlying issue. Note that the same is happening with STASH. Inputting all the information correctly for both WeBull and STASH and both fail to connect saying I'm typing in information incorrectly. Also, per other's suggestions, I couldn't get the Apex Clearing "trick" to work. Intuit fix your system and stop telling us to "just import it manually."

@S-kaka, good call, thanks for that info. I haven't found where they say that on the site but I'll take your word for it and try again after that date.

Mine finally worked today. Not sure if everyone's will or if it will take till the 22nd like said in previous post. 

Hkvip

The 2021 turbo tax premier has different format or interface. I don't see any option for manually upload the file.

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Are you using the desktop or the online version of Turbo Tax Premiere?

@Hkvip

I am having the same problem.  I just upgraded to Premiere so I could import all the Webull transactions and now it's still not working.  What is the problem?  I am using the Mac Desktop version of TT.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are experiencing an issue with some Webull accounts not being recognized. 

You can click here to sign up to receive an update once this is fixed. 

WHY is this STILL an ISSUE? It is CLEAR by the NUMBER of COMPLAINTS online that this has gone on for at least a few years. I did 2.8 MILLION dollars in trade on Webull. YOU want me to enter that Sh^%$&! manually AND pay You? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Get it together. Whomever is in I.T.- GET IT TOGETHER. The Director of IT needs to work weekends to FIGURE IT OUT. I am so mad I have wasted HOURS trying to link my webull. To Whomever is above I.T. in the hierarchy, perhaps explain to them that you will lose $$ if retail traders opt to go to an accountant instead. The definition of insanity- doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result. HEY- IF IT DIDN'T WORK LAST YEAR, Why does I.T. think it will magically work in 2022? 

Youcan enter the trades as summaries.   Max 5 entries, and usually it is just 2.  Takes 25 seconds.  and if you are doing millions of dollars in trades, pay someone else to do your taxes. If you've ever seen how many different formats the brokers use, you'd realize this is  asking the impossible here. 

Ok SDun (genuis) then WHY was my TD Ameritrade imported? Some Webull import and some don't. CLEARLY it's an I.T. issue. And if you made more than 10 bucks an hour you would know you don't want a summary because audits are a hassle. As far as who I pay, maybe you worry more about you and less about others. 

finally got mine to work,  the problem is they put a phone number that looks like an account number, use your account number on page 1 of 1099 at the top in the middle. select we bull, password is your social.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing how you got yours to work. @dljtracer9998

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies