Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is Form 8915-F available for tax year 2022 in TurboTax?

Tax free usa was free and had the form and all and was super easy go on and jump ship like i did and will be taking all my people with me next year might not mean much to TT but eventually when word of mouth gets out they will start losing more and more customers 

r246251
Returning Member

so the form is showing for everybody correct? It’s just not calculating correctly? That’s what I feel like is happening to me I just wondered if that was the case

They just won’t let you file for whatever reason.  It’s not approved by TT or some crap.  It’s not real hard to compute.  Just a 1/3 from 2020.  And it does affect your refund, so it is computing the numbers.

Really no idea why they are doing this.

Seadie

Now it says the form isn't ready until 3/9/23. Really??? I call BS on this.  Not sure I will use Turbotax next year. Unfortunately, I already paid for this year so now I have to wait or go through the inconvenience of getting a refund and having to do my taxes all over again somewhere else. 

So, after I filed with freetaxusa, I noticed the calculations were the exact same amount as turbo tax!

So guess what, there's no real fair reason we have all been waiting! The calculations are already programmed, at least for me.

Just cut your losses and get out. I filed with freetaxusa, paid $14.99 and was done in about 15 minutes. Both state and federal accepted shortly after. Turbo tax wanted about $200! 

Only reason I used them before was the convenience of importing my stock broker trades so I didn't have to manually type them in. Not worth the guessing games though. Who has time for that? No clear transparency, no discount, no sorry. They just give a middle finger essentially lol. 

I think this is the last year I use TT... this form has delayed my taxes for the last 3 years.

I've been reading all the comments in this thread.  Here's my thoughts.  I do not work for Intuit.

I've been using TT desktop for Windows for many years.  I purchase the CD deluxe version.  The only hickup I've ever had is when they silently removed schedule D from the deluxe version.  They put it back the following year.

I like the format and user interface of TT desktop version.  I get free Fed E-file.  I print and mail the state return.

One of the persons in my household took money out of an IRA with no knowledge of the tax impacts.  The person was 39 years old at the time. (2020 tax year).  I discovered the "disaster relief" opportunity and helped the person utilize it.  Even that first year, TT was slow in getting the correct forms integrated into their software.  The same delays has happened the 2 years since.

Like others, I wish I knew the true cause of the delays.  I do NOT "assume" that TT has some nefarious reason or a malicious intent for this delay.  We, the general public, will likely never know the true cause.  I do know that, from being in business for 45 years, there are many factors that can effect product output, some of which are beyond your control.  If you look at the published lists, this is NOT the only form still being delayed.  

For me, this issue goes away after this tax year.  The person in my household has learned a valuable financial lesson regarding early withdrawals from IRA and the resulting tax consequences.

For those who are anxious to get taxes filed so that you can get your refund.  If your refund is large, why are you letting the government have the free use of YOUR MONEY for a year, beyond your tax obligations?  Do your homework and get your withholdings under control.  For those who are getting a small refund, say $200 or less, is the month or two delay of that amount going to change your life?  For those who are going to have to pay additional tax.  Why pay anything prior to the tax deadline?

For those who have expressed your dismay with TT and departed, I wish you well and good luck.  Just know that nothing stays the same forever, including, potentially, your new favorite tax preparation company and yes, even TT.

I will remain patient.

It does not matter WHY/HOW someone does their  money/taxes. The concern is that Turbo Tax has been saying over a month that the form will be available on this "date", then delay it again for another week.  There needs to be some accountability at someone point that does not fall on the consumers.

So please you  wait patiently but do not make it seem as there is no legitime gripe.

jturner1

it is now 03/02/23 and it is still telling me I can’t file because of form 8915. Is this correct?

I finally gave up on waiting too - submitted fed and state taxes at freetaxusa for only $15. Was a loyal turbo tax customer and will not be back. Hope the folks at turbo tax are seeing all this noise and how many people are bailing.

Me too.  I see some flaws.  Like I took the three year option, but did pay State Tax in 2020 all at once, it keeps asking a question and won't give me an option for my scenario. 

I also think the Form 8915-F not being available is affecting my NY State return, because this is the first time I owe NY money.

And here is is March 02, and still no form.

TurboTax, you suck. I'm done with you.

Why isnt available for desktop?  The goalpost keeps moving.  Now it says 03/09/2023

It's not about being patient. It's about being professional. If there's a delay, it needs to be transmitted why. There's been zero notice! We have to search for the date etc. 

Why couldn't I be patient? Because my life keeps moving. I cannot wait and guess if they will push it again until maybe 3 days before the deadline. My entire life is scheduled. Including showers, bathroom etc. I don't have the time to be willy nilly with a company that doesn't even have the courtesy to tell us when and why it's been delayed again. 

I have been using freetaxusa for over 10 years on and off. Straight forward. No frills. Never once had an issue. TurboTax just makes importing stock trades easy. If you trade hundreds of trades a year, it's worth the hassle of paying and guessing. But as I said, no real sales of stocks last year for me, I just bought and hold. 

You also don't realize that, some people have to pay $0. But the credits they receive for their children etc can equal thousands or more. Some people count on that every year. Even people who make over $100K.

Hoody1896

This was just pushed back again to March 9, 2023.  This is really frustrating...  A client of mine had his tuff ready a month ago....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies