Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Still not fixed as of 4/12. Glad to discover many people had the same problem. Just wound up printing and mailing both fed and state forms.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

So last minute I gave it one more go and my federal was accepted. Basically I deleted all the 7206's and just left the relevant one for me which was for our small business. TT had created 5 7206's in my case! One for each K1 that was blank. This is (should be) a very easy fix in the code, very disappointed in the way TT are handling this.

LG

I just got an email telling me our return was rejected by the IRS with code R0000-058-01.  Obviously, Turbotax hasn't got this fixed. Says I have to mail my return and the post office is closed. No way to get it mailed by deadline.

@LG   The answer to your issue is listed in many of the posts in this thread so please check. You still have time to fix it and efile.

LG

They say they took out all but one the Form 7206. There is only one in our return. I have to leave it, we can't afford not to take the deduction. I have an hour till midnight and I'm not finding any answers that work.  I've used TurboTax for several years with no problems, but this will probably be the last year I use it. I had to go to our state's website to efile our state taxes because through Turbotax it wouldn't file them until the IRS approved the federal. 

I hope you were successful in e-filing or you were able to submit an extension.  You must make sure you are searching for Form 7206, not just looking at your forms list... and you can have more than one Form 7206 as long as it has data associated with either a Sch C or K1 ... it is Form 7206's that are being ghost populated that have nothing in them...when you open them up, there is no data.   You won't see them unless you do a search.. you must do a search... any other button you are pushing that isn't a search won't work.  And there are still some who this method doesn't work, but I'd say 80% seem to have this work......follow this procedure exactly, and deviation and you won't be successful.   You must follow Deborahwrites1 advice to every point... if you are just looking at your own forms list, that won't work.  You will not see the ghost forms that may be present.  You must search for Form 7206... if you are not searching specifically for  Form 7206, then you won't find the 'ghost' forms that may be in your file if your like many of us.   Once you delete the ghost forms which won't affect your taxes, then it will be accepted by the IRS.   This should be an 'easy' fix for any competent programmer....remove ghost forms that are not needed..... so it's obvious that the TT programmers are just done with doing any more updates on this in time for April 15th.      Good luck!   Here's the link to Deborahwrites1's information, and I copied it also in case the link is broken (but just search and you'll find it on many threads)     (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-is-anyone-else-getting-the-code-r0000-058-01-r...

1. Switch from EasyStep to Forms.
  2. Click Open Form.
  3. Search for Form 7206.
  4. I had 5 listed in the results. I clicked on each one. 3 were nothing.  
randyb010

R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update with regard to customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return.  The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline. 

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206

Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

In order to proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return.  Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists. 

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete the Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again.  If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return. 

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you Deborahwrites1 for posting this.  I was at my wit's end with 3 rejections on e-filing (which has never happened before).   I had tried deleting the form 7206, but I didn't realize there was another "ghost" form 7206 until I searched for it using your guidance.  I would think this would be an easy fix by TurboTax engineers,  but this has been a known issue since January and they obvioulsy haven't fixed it.  I don't know why TurboTax hasn't posted this solution as a workaround.  I feel badly for everyone that either took away their deduction and will have to amend or printed out and mailed their return.  I'm still waiting on the state acceptance but it should go through now that federal was finally accepted. 

Issue still not resolved as of 4/18/24 - software bug - I had to file an extension and guess at taxes - unacceptable.

had to file an extension - waiting for TT to fix this bug as of 4/18/24

still not fixed as of 4/18/24 - had to file an extension

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can see from previous posts, this will not be fixed soon and you will need to paper file.

The development team has given us an update with regard to customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return.  The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline. 

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206

Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

In order to proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return.  Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists. 

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete the Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again.  If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return. 

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Me too.  So frustrated and disappointed in TT handling of this known issue.

alp88riz
Returning Member

Hello Deborah or anyone else here,

please help, I have four 7206 forms on my return. How do I delete the bad ones?

If you can give me step by step guide I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies