Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is a processing error for Form 8960 common? My return was rejected and TurboTax said "there is currently no estimated date for when this will be resolved."

It's not clear if the "processing error" is on the IRS' part or TurboTax', but it seems it's not something I can fix myself. Reject code is F8960-019-04.  Any advice on whether to wait or file by mail? 

Here's the full "What needs to be done" text: "This return cannot be electronically filed due to a processing error on Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. There is currently no estimated date for when this will be resolved. You have two options: 1) You may wait a few weeks and attempt to resubmit this return, or 2) You may print and file the return by mail. This message will be updated when a resolution date is identified."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is a processing error for Form 8960 common? My return was rejected and TurboTax said "there is currently no estimated date for when this will be resolved."

Update this morning (Saturday, Feb. 11). The description of error message in TurboTax is the same, but the fix section is:

What needs to be done:
This return cannot be electronically filed due to a processing error on Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. This issue will be resolved on February 19, 2023. On or after this resolution date you may resubmit this return for electronic filing.

I'll be trying again on Feb. 19.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Update this morning (Saturday, Feb. 11). The description of error message in TurboTax is the same, but the fix section is:

What needs to be done:
This return cannot be electronically filed due to a processing error on Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. This issue will be resolved on February 19, 2023. On or after this resolution date you may resubmit this return for electronic filing.

I'll be trying again on Feb. 19.

Got the same rejection response.  Will also try again on Feb. 19.

Thanks for the update

Success. I refiled my return this morning (Sunday, Feb. 19) and it was accepted by the IRS within three hours.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies