turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EFC3
Level 2

IRS2Go Refund Status Error

Mine has show as “accepted” on the TurboTax website since February 12th but as of March 2nd there’s still absolutely no record of it per the IRS tracking app, website, or hotline. I’ve tried both mine and my spouses social. 

Pretty concerned at this point. 

shivish1979
Returning Member

I have seen that happen with many refunds, I think there is something going on with their systems.. look back on all the responses 

Just in case this helps, I did a return for a friend over the weekend. I had not received an email verifying that it had been received by the IRS and accepted - and these emails typically come back within minutes to my account. However, when I checked today, it now shows that it was, in fact, received on Saturday - when on Sunday it had no record of receipt of the return. From this, I am gathering that the IRS is experiencing some issues and they will get resolved. February 12th to today would give me cause for concern as well, however. Please make sure you are looking up for the correct year and have entered everything properly. I know, but I have to say it. 

Well the error lasted about 4 days. Then it went back to in process. 2 days later, the direct deposit was in my account. That was 4 days ago. I looked it up again for fun. Still only says “accepted”. Definitely a glitch in their system. Thanks for all of the comments.

I submitted mine feb and it was accepted around the 12th and anytime I check the IRS app it says : REFUND STATUS ERROR : information does not  match.. plz re enter your information but my information is correct 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤬. Wtf IRS AND TT?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Raykay

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean?

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’m having the same exact issue!!

EFC3
Level 2

It’s weird. Never seen anything like it before. I’ve seen it say more info needed. 

But I’m 24+ days now and it still doesn’t even find any information at all. Like my return doesn’t even exist. 

Evertthing has always been so seamless. I’m sure Covid is impacting but this is just strange. 

kevdmo

I’m having same problem. All my information is 100% correct. Only checking my federal, with the $600 stimulus removed and without it removed. Error error error! I filed Feb 1 wasn’t accepted until the 12th which I was informed prior by the IRS site nobodies would be until the 12th. Literal ZERO information can be given to me from the IRS or Intuit. Just refund status error over and over. Never had this problem before. Same job no dependents very very simple taxes. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Did you have the child tax credit or earned income credit?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

You may find your Federal tax refund delayed if you claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit.  The IRS states:

You can expect to get your refund by the first week of March if:

• You file your return online,
  • You choose to get your refund by direct deposit,
  • We found no issues with your return.

Additionally, your financial institution may need time to accept your direct deposit or issue a debit card. Many institutions don’t process payments on weekends or holidays. So, if you file early, be aware of Federal and local holidays that may affect how soon you get your refund.

Why We Hold Your Refund

By law, we can’t issue your refund before February 15. This includes your entire refund, not just the part that’s related to the credit you claimed on your tax return.

If you claim the EITC or ACTC, we may need more information from you about your return. If we do, we will send you a letter.

Yes I have received my state taxes as well and the same thing is happening on the app phone and website I don’t know why this is happening 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Sometimes until the IRS starts processing your return the Where's My Refund site may not have any information about your return or it may tell you that you haven't entered your information correctly.  As your return moves through the system the status will be updated accordingly. If you are not seeing a status on the WMR site or IRS app, you can also call the WMR Hotline at 800-829-1954 for updated status.

@1stMarine 

Did it get resolved for you? I used TurboTax for the first time in my life this year, and have the same problem. State taxes are processed but IRS2Go keeps giving Refund Status Error (and IRS web site also cannot find any information). TurboTax says it was accepted by IRS on March 9. 

EFC3
Level 2

Not resolved for me.

Turbo tax says my return was accepted February 12th, it's now March 16th and I still just get refund status error every day.  If I understand correctly, that means that after 34+ days they still haven't even started to process my return....

Wildly frustrating they're somehow able to send stimulus payments out when they can't even send my refund after 34 days.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies