Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1095-A data entry error message "Please enter an amount", for all 12 Part III column B & C. I did (all 00.00). Can't get past this. Suggestions?

The column C workaround was successful, however, it also obliterated all the deductions TurboTax had calculated after I started entering the SLCSP in column B.

1095-A data entry error message "Please enter an amount", for all 12 Part III column B & C. I did (all 00.00). Can't get past this. Suggestions?

Prior to following your advice above, for some reason line 29 in the 1040 form (and all forms similar) shows my self-employed health insurance deduction to be double the amount I paid in premiums for the year. Once I entered your advice, it gave me a $482 tax credit and I hoped with the form fixed, line 29 would be fixed too... but still showed double the amount minus the credit. What is causing this?

--nevermind, found out why -- was added to Schedule C as well.

It's been four years and the issue is still there. But this solution still worked, fortunately. Used the link to find the column B values. Thanks!

Still on taxes for 2022 turbotax doesn't allow for zero value for columns B and C for the Form 1095-A  It's asking for the Second Lowest Cost Silver plan premium but we were never give that amount on the 1095=A nor ever shown another amount other than the high premiums we pay.  Call the New York State market place and they have not idea why, nor do they admit their is second lower premium.  How can we bypass this step?  

You can’t bypass, you have to look up the value on some website. Someone linked it in this thread. You enter some info and it spits out a magic number you enter in that box. Don’t worry about what it means or why you have to do it.

Sadly, I don't see that link.  

Thank you for trying to help me, I very much appreciate your kindness and time.   But I tried it and since I live in New York, I didn't get the information.  I was prompted to call the nystateofhealth.ny.gov that I called and the representative wasn't able to help me.  I left a message for a Supervisor to call me which I'm sure they won't but this is a turbotax problem.  We should be able to enter what we were sent and not have to deal with being stuck in the middle between the New York Market Place (nystateofhealth.ny.gov) not having an answer and Turbo tax not letting us bypass this step.  So, for all New Yorkers getting health insurance through the nystateofhealth.ny.gov - if anyone out there got a solution I'd appreciate you letting the rest of us know because as of 2022 tax filing Turbo Tax hasn't fixed this problem.   I had to file for an extension and will be paying interest on taxes we'll be owing and no solutions to this problem so far.  Anyway here right below is what we are getting in New York.  Again, I called and NOT helpful and I'm sure a Supervisor won't call me with the answer.  Again, thank you for trying to help me.  I'll have to contact the IRS for some answers.

New York operates its own marketplace

You'll need to visit NY State of Health to get tax information for the time you lived in New York.

About This Site

This is the official Website of NY State of Health The Official Health Plan Marketplace

Call our help line

TTY: 1.800.662.1220

Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Thank you.  I did call the representative wasn't able to help me and said he'd have a Supervisor call me but no one has called and probably won't  Turbo needs to fixed this.  Again, thank you very much.

Needing to have information (non zero) in column B is an IRS issue not a TT one but if you want to skip this put $1 in column B first line and leave the rest of column B blank so you can efile the return and then deal with the IRS letter later. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies