turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Im trying to chek my “Get My Payment” for the stimulus check, but when i put my information like SSN it said mu information doesn’t match with IRS record

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

49 Replies

Im trying to chek my “Get My Payment” for the stimulus check, but when i put my information like SSN it said mu information doesn’t match with IRS record

tries these suggestions - do any of them help? 

type you address EXACTLY as it appears on your tax return.. Try ALL CAPS

social security number must have the dashes included XXX-XX-XXXX

date must have leading zeros if necessary (e,.g. April is "04" not "4')

if you are filing joint, try your spouse's information 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

According to the IRS FAQs here:

To ensure the information is entered correctly, please use the help tips provided when entering the information requested to verify your identity. If the information you enter does not match our records, you will receive an error message. Check the information requested to ensure you entered it accurately. 

You may want to check your most recent tax return or consider if there is a different way to enter your street address (for example, 123 N Main St vs 123 North Main St).  

If you receive an error when entering your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), refund amount, or amount you owed, make sure you are entering the numbers exactly as they appear on your Form 1040 or tax transcript. If the numbers from your 2019 tax return are not accepted, try the numbers from your 2018 tax return instead.

If the information you enter does not match our records three times within 24 hours, you will be locked out of Get My Payment for 24 hours for security reasons. You will be able to access the application again after 24 hours. There is no need to contact the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Help, I have tried all of this. Still receive the message your information does not match their records. I have looked at my 2019 tax return to see how my address was entered. I have used dashes in my SSN. just recently used all caps for my address and receive the same message... with my SSN taken out and the box highlighted in red. Received a refund for 2018 direct deposit savings account info on filed. Owed for 2019 and payment taken out of my direct deposit checking account with same bank. Decided to check on IRS status for 2019 return filed last week of February 2020 and receive message still processing, even though payment was taken out of checking account Very frustrated

@kthomas425 - 

standardize your address here... curious if that works? 

https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress

I was having the same exact problem. It's specifically the SS # they keep having a problem with and nowhere on their site do they specify if we are to add dashes or not. I had been trying for WEEKS.

FINALLY, I combined what was said by 2 different posters on this thread... I was on my 3rd try, and I made sure to enter the dashes between the numbers in my Social Security Number.

For the address, I entered it according to the USPS link Zip Code Lookup link provided.

Finally got the answer that I'll get my check mailed on May 1st. Wasn't given an option to do Direct Deposit. Oh, well... but at least I have an answer.

judahjams

I was having trouble too. Using my address as it is on my tax return did not work. However, using the US Post Office address tool (the link is in this thread) and then entering the address exactly as it appears there did work. You do need to be sure to use dashes in you SS# (it should say that!). Also,  make sure to you the leading zeros for month or day in your birthdate. Thank you for this thread!

People you need to request for a transcritp,  sometimes the copy you have is diferentt for a correction on the irs, use this and you correct the problem 

derelleschaefer
Returning Member

I was able to get to the screen to enter my bank information and it says I'm eligible.  However, after entering my info I am getting the message "the tax return information you entered does not match our records".  I am entering the info from my 2018 taxes as I have not yet completed 2019.  I've entered my adjusted gross income exactly as it appears on line 7 of the 1040 form.  I received a refund.  I believe the problem may be in the refund amount I need to enter.  I have the refund amount on my tax form as 22,127.  However, my refund check included interest, so I actually received a check for $22,251.62.  However, that is not a whole number.  I've entered 3 different possibilities for the refund amount, $22,127, $22,251, and $22,252 (rounded to whole dollar).  This is the 2nd day I've got that message after three attempts each day.  I have no idea why it is not matching, so I am unable to enter my bank information.  Do you have any ideas since I'm unable to contact anyone at the IRS?

@derelleschaefer - did you try line 20a from your 2018 tax return?  try without the commas.

derelleschaefer
Returning Member

Yes.  That is the first amount I entered.  Did you read my post?  I received a refund of a different amount that included interest.

derelleschaefer
Returning Member

I only entered numbers.  I wrote the numbers with $ and commas that way for ease of reading the message.

@derelleschaefer  yes, i saw the interest, but I wondered if all the IRS is looking for is the actual refund on your 2018 submission, which is line 20a.  does line 20a plus the interest tie to the refund you received?  if no, the maybe try the total refund you received less the interest, so backing into what would otherwise be on line 20a?????? just trying to help!

derelleschaefer
Returning Member

I entered the exact number from 20a.  I have no idea how they calculated the interest.  I just know what the actual refund check amount was.  There was no paperwork with the check we received or an additional letter saying anything about the interest calculated.  I've tried the only 3 possibilities I know to use.  It's very frustrating that there is no one at the IRS you can ask.

bwade1276

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful but people keep answering with the information that is already provided on the irs website and everywhere else.

This isn't helping.  

I am having the same issue.  Every time I enter my agi and amount refunded/owed is says information doesn't match.

I have done this 5 days in a row 3 times under mine and 3 times under my wives ssn each day.

I printed out my transcript from the irs website and have my return in front of me and they match.

I have done everything you have mentioned and anything else I can think of.

This is where it is complete bs there is nobody to contact.  Just because it lets you back into the website after 24. hours does nothing to help.  

Anybody have any "other" advice?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies