Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

d-bro1999

I have requested an federal filing extension, now how do I file an filing extension for the state of Kansas?

I want to file an extension to file taxed in Kansas.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AlanT
Expert Alumni

I have requested an federal filing extension, now how do I file an filing extension for the state of Kansas?

If you file Form 4868 with the Internal Revenue Service requesting an automatic extension of time to file your federal tax return, you will automatically receive an extension of time to file your Kansas return. A copy of form 4868 must be enclosed with your Kansas income tax return when filed. This is not an extension of time to pay.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlanT
Expert Alumni

If you file Form 4868 with the Internal Revenue Service requesting an automatic extension of time to file your federal tax return, you will automatically receive an extension of time to file your Kansas return. A copy of form 4868 must be enclosed with your Kansas income tax return when filed. This is not an extension of time to pay.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Petunia5

How do I include 4868 to verify my extenstion with my Kansas return if I E-file?

Petunia5

How do I enclose the 4868 if I send my return to KS electronically? Will TurboTax include it?

Petunia5

How do I do that if I file electronically with Turbo Tax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies