Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

Wouldn't this be justification to receive a partial refund because it will now be several weeks longer before I get a refund since I didn't E-file my taxes. If TurboTax would have admitted this sooner I could have gone to another free site online to efile my taxes. I was told this was not a TurboTax bug and that this was due to a bug with the IRS. I was left with the impression that my only option was to file by mail. This was however my only option to file using TurboTax. This evasive response was both misleading and deceiving.

cdbusbey

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

how do I fix it

I in fact contacted them via Twitter (was just easy for me) and they did refund me $50.  I was going to do via another service, but Ideally plan to keep using TurboTax as I have so many years in there and It's Deductible works well for me.  So I am mailing. 

You are one of many TurboTax users, including myself, with this same problem.  None of the solutions suggested on this site worked for me(use "0", use transcript info etc.)  My solution was to use FreeTaxUSA.com, a turbotax competitor.  It will download last years turbotax file to fill many forms but it does not download bank and broker information to complete this years 1099, W2 and so on.  Using my paper 2019 return reentry went fast.  My efile from FreeTaxUSA was accepted in 10 minutes.  If their competitors efiles work my belief is this is TT's error. I cannot imagine why TT does not correct their error.    Good luck if you go that route.

Mel, Retired CPA

They refused to refund me maybe because Twitter is more public and this is a way of showing good faith publicly. I was told that I paid for their assistance to prepare my taxes. A week later I got an email where they admitted this was a TurboTax bug but still no offer for a refund. Maybe this isn't criminal but my refund is going to take several weeks longer to arrive and I feel like I can't trust them anymore.

jkdolan1

Yes it does have a "glitch" per tax person at TurboTax . Very frustrating for first time filing after husband died.

Got to say it is nice they say they have a bug...that is saying the obvious!  NOW Turbo Tax, I assume the bug can be exterminated, please correct the glitch! 

Mitch59
Returning Member

Another user with the rejected IRS return from TurboTax that had a deceased spouse.  Original return rejected, tried the "0" AGI for the spouse, but that was also rejected.  Also entered my spouse's Driver License and 5 digit pins on the FORMS view but this was rejected also.

So, I tried FreeTaxUSA.  Had to reenter all the information, but the questions were straightforward and entry went smoothly.  The Federal Return was accepted in about 10 minutes and the state return is on its way.  I had switched from H&R Block last year to TurboTax this year, but never again.  Having a known problem and refusing to fix it is unacceptable.  I get "updates" almost everyday when I open TurboTax, so why not fix this problem that is hurting so many users?

Here is another solution. No need to mail in, takes way too long.  I had this issue and efile was rejected 4 times even though I knew I entered the correct amount in the "correction" AND this correct amount is exactly what the IRS had in my records. (I was surprised to see that all of my tax records and everything the IRS has was instantly available if you register and log in at IRS.gov)  The problem was that no matter what correct number we entered TurboTax was secretly sending another (wrong) number along with the corrected attempts.  In my case when TurboTax went to its "Let us help you correct this" page there was a proposed number in the correction box, which was slightly different from the correct one we were trying to submit. (We did try submitting this recommended but wrong number but also rejected).  So why did TurboTax have a wrong number even though we filed with TurboTax last year?  I think TurboTax picked up a draft return on import rather than the official filed one.  Doesn't matter, here is the solution that worked for me.

SOLUTION:  Go to Forms and look at your Two Year Comparison and Tax History forms down at the bottom.  If the wrong number is shown for last year's AGI fix it by either typing over it if that is allowed or right-click and OVERRIDE it with the correct number. Just that one field. Bingo! Accepted.

You can just register and log in at IRS.gov and get that information instantly.  See my other post for a solution to the AGI rejection issue. Good luck!

See my post below for what fixed the AGI efile rejection problem with my return.

Sorry you went through that. See possible solution in my post below.

In my case the problem was created by a bad import from the wrong file.  Of course TurboTax could help out with the correction attemtps if it actually updated ALL its prior AGI values (e.g. Tax History, Two Year Comparison) with the correct value you are entering in the correction box! That is a bug in my opinion.

Dear Lane,

I did log on to IRS, I did download my transcript and I did enter the AGI reported there by IRS.  My efile was still rejected, twice.  My profound belief is that with that correct information your Turbo Tax eFile return will be rejected by IRS if your spouse was deceased in 2019.  In my opinion the problem is with TT not the IRS.  If their competitors identical efiles are accepted, I can only conclude TT is at fault.

Mel, Retired CPA 

Mar
Level 3

Could you tell me where to find forms?  (Although I am using the free version, which may be different from yours).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies