Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If my taxes got rejected will I still get my stimulus check

My federal return was rejected and I filled an amended return which won't be processed for awhile will I still get a stimulus payment sometime before fall?

If your original return rejected it was never filed and you do NOT amend.  You fix it and resend it.  Or print and mail the original return.  What did you do?  Did you mail in a 1040X Amended return?  

yeah it was rejected stating i had already filed which i hadn't so turbo tax suggested i needed to do a 1040x which i mailed in but wont be processed forever

Amber33c
Returning Member

I also need a PI pin but the IRS online tool will not verify my identity

In my opinion & based on what I understand NO. Rejected returns are sakes as not filed. I’m having the same issue. Mine were rejected due to IP PIN problem. Since there is no way for me to obtain the PiN I will not get the stimulus until they process paper returns 

This is not true they.said on the irs site that if you dont file 2018 or 2019 returns they will use the usps address on file and mail your check. So you will still get it one way or the other

@Godsangelgirl70 I don't know where you got this information but they have to know your income level & number of dependants to verify that you qualify. Everyone who did not file or got their efile rejected when we check our status through the IRS portal it says we cant verify that you are eligible. Under FAQs it says you must file for 2018 or 2019 to qualify. Or fill out the non filers form. If you need an IP PIN you will still need this to efile the non filers form as well.

From the irs site and my uncle who is professional tax preparation agency! All income is reported to the irs by employers how do i think they do audits??

@Godsangelgirl70  income Notis not reported if your self employed. And the stimulus package passed by the federal government specifly states that they will be sending the money based on your 2018 or 2019 returns. Non file, no money. I wish it was different but it's not. I'm one that is not getting it because my efile is rejected and my paper file is not processed

I have no way of getting my IP Pin, have not filed since 2014

redd4545

My taxes keep getting rejected it says stimulus rejected code what does that means i file a 2018 taxes.

Mine got rejected but my extension got approved so they still have my address..

@Elliswrightswife  SAME PROBLEM!!! THE IRS WEBSITE LOCKS ME OUT 24 HOURS AT A TIME AND I AM ENTERING MY INFO CORRECT I HAVE DOUBLE AND TRIPPLED CHECKED.I CANT CONTACT THE IRS SO IM JUST STUCK!!!! HAVE YOU FOUND A SOLUTION?!

@Keynikkole90 

first, do not try any more frequently than every 25 hours to prevent lockout.

here are some tips that I have picked up from other posts along the way.  Which screen are you getting stuck on? the 1st one or the 2nd one?  

type you address EXACTLY as it appears on your tax return.. Try ALL CAPS

social security number must have the dashes included XXX-XX-XXXX

date must have leading zeros if necessary (e,.g. April is "04" not "4')

AGI is line 7 on your 2018 return and line 8B on your 2019 return.  Refund is line 21a of the 2019 tax return. and line 20a for 2018

Found out it only locks you out for 24 hours and then u can get back in..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies