turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eendito16

If I have two addresses a mailing address and a physical address, I used my mailing address, am I suppose to put both done on the forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I have two addresses a mailing address and a physical address, I used my mailing address, am I suppose to put both done on the forms?

For the address on your tax return, you enter the mailing address where the IRS can contact you by mail if ever necessary.  If completing a Schedule C for your business you can enter the actual business address on the Schedule.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

For the address on your tax return, you enter the mailing address where the IRS can contact you by mail if ever necessary.  If completing a Schedule C for your business you can enter the actual business address on the Schedule.

I don't live at the address I put on my return but i recieve mail there. Please help
Raklepfer

I currently have two different mailing addresses.  I lived in both in 2020.  But all my address information has not been changed because of covid.  

I know to use my current address.  But, a few of my 1099s will still have my old address.  Do I need to do anything different in filing this year?  Is there a form I need to fill out

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

As long as you use your correct address on your tax return, the address listed on your 1099 will not matter for tax filing purposes. 

@Raklepfer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have just moved to a new home.  How do I change my address with you

@martingoldman wrote:

I have just moved to a new home.  How do I change my address with you

See this TurboTax support FAQ for updating your TurboTax account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-status/update-turbotax-account-i...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies