turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I don't get help with my question I will not fill with y'all again

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

What is your question? Please provide details so we may better assist.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

THis is a public-user to user forum. It makes no difference to the readers of your posts what you elect to do at tax time in the future.

If you elected to e-file your return and it was accepted by the IRS, then TurboTax has met the obligation  you paid them for. However, if you get a follow-up letter from the IRS concerning that accepted return, then ***IF*** anyone in this *PUBLIC* user-to-user forum can help, they will. If they can not, then they will not reply to your post.

If you elected to print, sign and mail your return to the IRS, once the TurboTax status shows "Ready to Mail" then Turbotax has met their obligation that you paid for. It's up to you to sign and mail the return to the IRS.

The IRS has clearly stated on their website that they will **NOT** be processing mailed returns until they return to normal operations in light of the Covid-19 shutdown. As of yet, the IRS has not provided a date, or even an estimate of when they will resume normal operations.

If you mailed your return and did not use some type of tracking services such as certified mail, then you have no way possible to know if the mailed return was received by the IRS until it appears on the IRS website at www.irs.gov/refunds. Under normal circumstances (and current circumstances are not normal) it will be 3-4 weeks after you mailed it, before it would appear on that website.

Under no circumstances and with no exceptions will the IRS communicate with TurboTax or anyone else about the status of your tax return. They will only communicate with the tax filer(s) named on the return, and that's it. So there is no possible way for TurboTax or anyone else to find out the status of your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies