Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kmg4
Returning Member

IDNotify Coverage Levels Through Turbotax

IDNotify is bundled with the Turbotax Max service I got.  IDNotify claims there is $1M of coverage for ID theft loss, including cash recovery of stolen funds.  

However, IDNotify outsources to Assurant, and Assurant is thus two steps away from Turbotax/Intuit.  

Assurant claims the plan I have has just a $10,000 Cash Recovery benefit, and that the cash benefit is not a subset of the $1M supposed insurance level.  This is a huge difference.  

I need clarification from Turbotax, as when I signed up for IDNotify through Turbotax, I read the policy and it was clear that the $1M does not have fine print that Cash Recovery is only covered up to $10,000, as Assurant claims. 

I don't want an answer that simply says 'call support', as that is ineffective.  I need the written policy agreement sent to me, or posted here as it is standard for everyone.  

Thanks,

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

To receive a copy of your written policy agreement, please contact IDNotify by using one of the following methods listed here: https://www.idnotify.com/contact-us/

In addition, you can access IDNotify's Summary of Benefits and read more about their Identity Fraud Financial Reimbursement here: https://www.idnotify.com/summary-of-benefits-june-2019/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kmg4
Returning Member

The links you posted do not have the coverage limits and cash recovery limits specific to the IDNotify policy through Turbotax.  That is in fact my question.  

Those generic links tell us nothing, as one is to IDNotify's generic site that does not cater to Turbotax, and the other does not specify coverage limits specific to IDNotify policies purchased through Turbotax Max.  

I, and everyone who purchased this policy, needs these specific concrete details since what Turbotax says and what Assurant says are in conflict about coverage limits for Cash Recovery.

Thanks,

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below link for IDnotify's Terms and Conditions and related policies. You may seek the advice of legal counsel to help clarify the policy and limitations for you.

IDnotify - TERMS AND CONDITIONS

kmg4
Returning Member

This answer does NOT detail the dollar coverage of my policy for Cash Recovery, and hence is NOT an answer to my question.  

@kmg4 wrote:

This answer does NOT detail the dollar coverage of my policy for Cash Recovery, and hence is NOT an answer to my question.  

Contact IDnotify at (888) 883-1852 or memberservices@idnotify.com

kmg4
Returning Member

They don't have the answer either.  The answer has to come from TurboTax Level 3 support, since TurboTax sold people the policy.  

IDnotify is the creator of the policy, not TurboTax.  If you want an answer you need to go to IDnotify.

kmg4
Returning Member

I was sold the policy through TurboTax, and the coverage levels were presented at the time of signing up.   Plus, IDNotify says I have to go to the issuing partner (TurboTax/Intuit) to get the coverage level details, since each partner has different coverage levels.  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to give us a call, as we cannot access that part of the account here in this public forum. @kmg4 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies