Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hlm6783

I was finishing my state tax return and taken to the page for Low Income Credit Worksheet: Spouse VAGI must be entered.' What do I put here? How do I figure this out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
ChristieB

I was finishing my state tax return and taken to the page for Low Income Credit Worksheet: Spouse VAGI must be entered.' What do I put here? How do I figure this out?

Are you filing separately from your spouse?
hlm6783

Yes I am
ChristieB

This amount would be your spouse's Virginia Adjusted Gross Income and appear on their Form 760, Line 9.

If you and your spouse file separate returns, the family income includes income from your return, your spouse's return and any income for any dependents claimed on either return. Only one spouse may claim the Credit for Low-Income Individuals. 

https://tax.virginia.gov/low-income-individuals-credit

hlm6783

I'm not trying to claim a credit from this, he would get the credit.  Can I just enter 0 for spouse? Or do I have to wait until he does his taxes to figure out the number?

did you figure this out? Having the same issue and filing separately from
my wife.
hlm6783

I spoke to someone live on Turbo Tax; I wasn't able to get back to that page that I was questioning, but if you're filing separately, you don't need to include their AGI and have a salary not considered low income.  I think it would be if the spouse took on a part time job or no job for example.  Not sure if this still helps.
basemaz

I have the same issue, butI’m not sure if what I did was correct. I’m filing separately, my income is not low, and I just entered zero. Can’t get back to this page though

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

If you qualify for and wish to take one of the VA credits for low income taxpayers, then you will need to input your spouse's VA AGI from their tax forms.  However, if you qualify for and do not wish to claim the credit you can select the option that your spouse will claim the credit and bypass the spouse income entry.  

You can get back to the page in the VA  state interview by  selecting "Edit" for the "Credits and taxes" section from the VA summary page and then "Start/Revisit" the "Low Income and Earned Income Credit" topic in the "Personal, Home and family credits" section.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
camilli48

I cant get my wifes vagi to do my state tax what do I do

camilli48

Yes

camilli48

yes

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?  Are you attempting to take the Low Income Credit?

@camilli48 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies