Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I want to download the form NorthernTrust site . It asks for document id. Is it the same as account number ?

Re: I want to download the form NorthernTrust site . It asks for document id. Is it the same as account number ?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I want to download the form NorthernTrust site . It asks for document id. Is it the same as account number ?

As stated above: If you can't find the document number in your "Tax information Statement" paperwork, then you'll need to phone Northern Trust for assistance in finding it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gail1313

I called Northern Trust and they said it's a TurboTax number it has nothing to do with them that is why it's not on the 1099

need 1099-R

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

No, 

the Account Number and Document ID are not the same. 

Both numbers may be listed on your paper copy of the 1099, although some issuers list the Document ID on a summary page included with your paperwork. 

Not all documents can be uploaded into the TurboTax software. 

If you need to enter a 1099-R, you can enter or type it in manually. Just select "I'll Type It In Myself" on the TurboTax screen and continue. 

ShippeyMatthews
Returning Member

Manually typing in the 1099-R info on TurboTax still requires the 24 character Tax ID number.  I called NTC and they have no such number, thus it is not listed on their 1099-R.  They recommend calling TurboTax as it might be something TurboTax has come up with.  ???

Did you ever find where to get such number?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to contact us by phone by following the instructions here. @ShippeyMatthews

I'm being asked to enter a required 24 character Tracking ID and a SSN for The Northern Trust Company. There is no 24 character number anywhere on the 1099-R. The only choice given on your app is for 'Northern Trust Company (Custody and Investment Mgmt. Only)'. Is this the same as plain old 'The Northern Trust Company'? I don't recall having to enter this ID last year when filing my taxes. I spoke to The Northern Trust Company and they said they don't have a 24 character Tracking ID. And they certainly don't have a company SSN! They said that it must be some ID number that TurboTax uses. Can you help, please? I'm getting quite frustrated. Thank you.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

That 24-character ID plus SSN sounds like a Sign In to a financial account.  

It's definitely not a TurboTax thing.  

You may just want to enter your 1099-R manually.

Here's more info on How to Import 1099 Forms.

Even when you enter it manually, it STILL requires a 24 digit tracking number! Can anyone answer this or instruct how to bypass this requirement?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax help article for assistance with importing your 1099.

What if I can't import my 1099?

If you continue to have issues please reach out to a TurboTax representative for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@AnnaB53

scorplips

Northern Trust has said there is no such number and to contact Turbotax!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to import your 1099. 

If you are having trouble importing, please click here to contact us by phone. @scorplips 

scorplips

I did and she hung up on me yesterday!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies