turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I switched jobs at the beginning of this year. Would I still get a W-2 from the company I was at? It was only until the second week of Feb. Then I switched jobs.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RachelW33
Employee Tax Expert

I switched jobs at the beginning of this year. Would I still get a W-2 from the company I was at? It was only until the second week of Feb. Then I switched jobs.

Yes, you will still get a W-2 from the company you worked at until the second week of February before you switched jobs.  Even if you work 1 day for a company, they are required to give you a W2 and you are required to report it on your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

And remember that all of your W-2's go on the SAME tax return.  Wait until you have all of your W-2's before you file.  It would be a good idea to make sure that employer from early in 2019 knows where to send your W-2 so that you get it when you should.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies