turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

randyg88

I received an alert from ID Notify saying that my email had appeared on the Dark Web, and that I should sign into my TurboTax account. I don't see anything on here?

Was this a "Phishing" email or is it real?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received an alert from ID Notify saying that my email had appeared on the Dark Web, and that I should sign into my TurboTax account. I don't see anything on here?

We can't know in a user community if your specific email is legitimate or not.   However, IDNotify is a product offered as one of the benefits if you purchased the optional MAX benefits or Premium Services (the latter is for California users who chose to "pay out of Federal refund.")   Those add-ons include IDNotify services of ID theft monitoring, identity restoration services, and identity theft insurance.  If you purchased one of those add-ons, did you receive an email afterwards with information on how to sign into IDNotify?

FAQ:  Who is IDNotify and what is their relationship to TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/idnotify-relations...

FAQ:   How do I sign into IDNotify?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/sign-idnotify/L33FBuj...

See Tagteam's info above to contact TurboTax Support for help on determining the legitimacy of your email or assistance from them if you did purchase a product that includes IDNotify but having trouble reaching IDNotify.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies