turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a text message saying there was an important email about my 2020 taxes but there was nothing there... What did the email say.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
Apeck

I received a text message saying there was an important email about my 2020 taxes but there was nothing there... What did the email say.

I received the same, still awaiting refund, and there was no email

still waiting on mines too.....i dont have a date yet its over a month

MISSMAC75

I received the same message with no email.  Checked spam folder and called number and just got a bot

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

There was an email that went out to some customers on 3/25. If you received a text (SMS) from TurboTax, you should check your personal email inbox to see if you received one. Check your spam/junk folder as well. If you didn't receive an email, you can disregard the text.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Apeck

Thanks but this was a text received today 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

This would still apply even if  the email was sent today.

I received the same text and thought it was a scam. My returned was filed, accepted and I received my refund in early March. 

Lwade11

I received one too. Thinking it’s a scam? 

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

There was an email that went out to some customers on 3/25. If you received a text (SMS) from TurboTax, you should check your personal email inbox to see if you received one. Check your spam/junk folder as well. If you didn't receive an email, you can disregard the text. "

I received an email in March from you saying that my tax submission was accessed in March and that I needed to find out why. I cannot find out at all, my tax submission was accepted by the irs on February 27. Help!

jaf6098

I got this text and someone (NOT ME) has changed the amount of money on my federal return. I filed back in Feb. I am on unemployment. I am being told by one person its because the IRS amended the return and I am getting more money back (the amount is HIGHER than what I actually received). I did not get the email so I ASSUME the I don't have to amend or do anything to my return in order to get that new amount I am owed. Please stop telling people to disregard the text and just send the emails out like y'all say.

Apeck

Have you received your refund yet?? I am in week 10 and still waiting.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Since you filed a tax return that had unemployment income reported, you are correct and do not need to file an amended return.  The IRS will be adjusting the amount of tax due on that $10,200 and will be processing refunds from the tax return as originally filed.

IRS refunds on unemployment benefits

Unemployment claimed on returns already filed

However, there are some states that do request that you amend your state return for the changes.  Please see the link below to determine if this applies to your return.

State updates to unemployment

Please refer to the link below for additional updates if your return is affected by the latest IRS changes in unemployment income.

Unemployment income relief updates

@jaf6098

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies