turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a text message from Intuit stating that there was a correction to a calculation for 2020. Is this true or was that a Phishing scam?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I received a text message from Intuit stating that there was a correction to a calculation for 2020. Is this true or was that a Phishing scam?

no way to tell for certainty. try contacting support

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

800-446-8848

The email should have said your return may be affected and asked you to log into your account but not by clicking on any link in the email  so  you can look and see for yourself  if the correction affects you and/or call TT support for assistance. 

Thank you so much!

Thank you!

@jmcorns58 

Turbotax does not get informed by the IRS about what they are doing.

So there's no way TurboTax can tell you there was any adjustment.

If IRS make a change, IRS will send you a letter.

@jmcorns58 

read the letter again.

If TurboTax is informing you about an issue with their software, that is a horse of a different color.

Turbo Tax sent out an email about

How do I amend my return to fix the duplicate fede...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies