Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kvnq

I have been recieving text messages, first one saying that i had a turbo tax code, then a few days later i got a message saying that my taxes were rejected.

i have not yet filed my taxes yet. this is definitely not somthing that i have tried to do.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

I have been recieving text messages, first one saying that i had a turbo tax code, then a few days later i got a message saying that my taxes were rejected.

This happens when someone else starts a tax file and enters the wrong email address, in their own profile, in their own account.  ALL the messages are getting sent to someone else..or nowhere at all.....it's just that their error happens to be your email address.

That same person is probably complaining about not getting the codes, or not getting notified when their tax filing is rejected....or accepted...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
kvnq

that's understandable, I was just making sure that it wasn't fraud or something. I hope that person finds out their mistake soon.

yeah...its' a pain and no real way to track who it is.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@kvnq87gmail.com

Please go into your "Profile Settings and change your "Display Name" to something other than what you've entered...unknown people might start sending you "stuff" if that is your email address (or close to it).  Your Display Name should NOT be your email address
kvnq

ok I changed it. yea it was  my email address. but I fixed that. the only thing there is, that the messages were being sent to my phone number, not my email. either way, I fixed it.
Barente

Turbow tax said they were taking $130 out of my checking on 4/10.  Don’t do that we aren’t working due to the virus. In

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online  If you still require assistance,

you can contact us at (800) 446-8848.

TurboTax mobile app  If you still require assistance,

TurboTax CD/Download software  If you still require assistance,

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Samygrl4

Re: I received a text message from a number I do not recognize, stating "An important email from Turbotaxis in your inbox about your 2020 tax return" They didn't even space out the word is after Turbotax. I am thinking this is spam. Please advise

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

It does sound like spam, but you can log into your TurboTax account and see if there is a message for you, it would not do any harm.

Same here...

Where would they send a message. I got the same text and then went to turbo tax and there was nothing there on the website or with the irs 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you receive a suspicious email that appears to come from TurboTax, forward it to us at spoof@intuit.com so we can investigate.

You can also get the latest on any phishing scams we know about from our Online Security Center.

Click this link for more info on Tax Season Scams

@SPierce2749

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies