turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ristich

I received a 1099B form from LendingClub instead of a 1099OID, but TurboTax still wants me to enter the details of a 1099OID that I don't. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

I received a 1099B form from LendingClub instead of a 1099OID, but TurboTax still wants me to enter the details of a 1099OID that I don't. What should I do?

Lending Club issues both 1099-B's and 1099-OID's.

Click the link for a guide from Lending Club on how to Import your 1099's into TurboTax. .

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hal98x
Returning Member

Yeah and when I do the import all I get is the 1099B.  I even checked the pdf tax statement and there is no 1099 oid. Anybody know if I need to fill out 1099 OID? (I assume I do because my income is interest and losses are counted in the investment category).

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It depends.  If you had less than $10 in earnings from LendingClub, then they would not be required to issue Form 1099-OID. However you would still be required to report any amount staring from $1.

It seems this may be the case since your import did not include and OID.  Please update with any additional questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies