Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased Turbotax Deluxe. Why am I being charged $59 to file federal? I thought it was included?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I purchased Turbotax Deluxe. Why am I being charged $59 to file federal? I thought it was included?

What did you buy?  I think you might have bought the Desktop CD/Download program but ended up in the Online web version.   

If you have a License Code you need to install the Desktop CD/Download program and not use the Online version.  How to install with a License Code

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

Sorry you can't apply the Desktop CD/Download program purchase to the Online version.  They are separate prices and work different.  You have to pay for online and try to get a refund for the Desktop program.  Or switch to your program.

If you already started in the Online version you can move your return to the Desktop program even without paying for Online.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

There are no e-file fees when using the TurboTax online editions.  The TurboTax account fees are for the use of the software to assist you in completing your tax return.  The account fees are the same whether you e-file a tax return or print a tax return for mailing. 

The TurboTax Deluxe online edition is currently $59.  Go to this TurboTax website for the Deluxe online edition which shows the price of the edition - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/deluxe.jsp

ee-ea
Level 15

$20 price rise on March 1. 

What did you buy?  I think you might have bought the Desktop CD/Download program but ended up in the Online web version.   

If you have a License Code you need to install the Desktop CD/Download program and not use the Online version.  How to install with a License Code

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

Sorry you can't apply the Desktop CD/Download program purchase to the Online version.  They are separate prices and work different.  You have to pay for online and try to get a refund for the Desktop program.  Or switch to your program.

If you already started in the Online version you can move your return to the Desktop program even without paying for Online.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies