turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased TT2020 from Office Depot. I have the license code. How do I download the file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

I purchased TT2020 from Office Depot. I have the license code. How do I download the file.

Here are the instructions on how to download your file.

Before installing TurboTax on a PC, it's best to close any open programs, including firewall and virus-protection programs (but don't forget to turn them back on after installation is complete).

Installing from a download: Simply double-click the downloaded file to launch the installer. Find your download.

Installing from the CD: If installation doesn't start automatically after you insert the CD into your computer's CD drive, follow the directions below.

Tip: If you bought the CD but your computer lacks a CD drive, you can request the downloadable version.

1. Hold down the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
  2. Click Browse, and then navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually Drive D).
  3. Double-click the setup.exe file to begin the installation.
  4. When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.
    • It’s a 16-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip, or in your Download confirmation email and/or order history. Need help finding it? Go here. (Note: The 2019 product has a 14-character code that looks like this: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)

That's it! When you're ready to do your state return, we'll walk you through the state download and installation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I purchased TT2020 from Office Depot. I have the license code. How do I download the application to my Mac that does not have a CDROM?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies