turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to talk to somwone.

I need a live person to talk to
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm ready to quit T. Tax.  I've spent two plus days trying to make it work.  I need a live person to talk to.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I'm ready to quit T. Tax.  I've spent two plus days trying to make it work.  I need a live person to talk to.

If there is no live person to help me, just say so..  Stop with the circular questions and answers.

@ beauregp 

This is mainly a user community bulletin board, not a direct route to TurboTax Support, and not a chat room.  And few users are around in the middle of the night.   You can phone TurboTax Support during business hours.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

I'm done with turbo tax.  I am entering everything manually which is what I did before TTAx.

I thought i filed my 2020 taxs printed them out ,my computer went dead, i need some advice thamks

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You can also call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

@MarkSues4854

LBLyle2
Returning Member

I need to change my Federal return to add estimated payments I made to Virginia so I  can add to my state return.

@ LBLyle2 wrote:

I need to change my Federal return to add estimated payments I made to Virginia so I  can add to my state return.

What's the story on your Federal and state returns?   Are they both still in preparation, and you just need to get back into the Federal interview to add the 2020 state estimated payments so you get credit for them? 

Or did you already efile the Federal return and state return?

Are you able to get back into the interview, or do you need to also know how to open it back up?

We can give you the instructions for reporting the 2020 state estimated tax payments when you answer the questions above.

LBLyle2
Returning Member

I have filed my Federal return buot the state.  I found out that my estimated state

payments were not used for the Federal forms.  I have been unable to get a copy of my Federal return so I can change it.

LBLyle2
Returning Member

I have filed my Federal taxes but did not list my Virginia estimated payments and cannot find out how  to get a copy of the Federal form . I still to talk to a person directly not by computer!

@ LBLyle2 wrote:

I have filed my Federal taxes but did not list my Virginia estimated payments and cannot find out how  to get a copy of the Federal form . I still to talk to a person directly not by computer!

OK, since you prefer not to use the forum, I'll tell you below how to reach Customer Support for a realtime conversation.  If you're using Online TurboTax, we could give you the steps to open the return and go to the interview to enter state estimated tax payments.  State estimated taxes are entered on the Federal side of the interview and flow to the state return.  We can tell you how to get there, as can TurboTax Support.

"Get a copy of the Federal form."

We can also tell you how to view/print a copy of your return if that's what that sentence means.

However, if you prefer to talk to a live agent by phone at TurboTax Support, here's how to reach them.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or you can use this contact form to get a phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies