turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to talk to an expert

How I can talk to someone
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
DianeC958
Expert Alumni

You can all 1-800-448-8848 to speak to live Turbo Tax agents.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed my Fed and state for 2018.Got refunds already.Paid only for tax defense.Somehow another $110 Was taken out that I didn't authorise.Can I get it back?
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You need to call in and explain what happened and the agent you talk to will look up your order to see if you overpaid on anything. If so, they may be able to offer you a refund.

this seems to be bogus.  i got connected to a medical alert offer, then roadside assistance.  when i tried again, i was told it was not a number i could dial.  whats up with that?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Please click on this link to find ways to contact TurboTax:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Trustee20

This number is NOT for TurboTAX!!!

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT through July 19 and will be open until midnight PT on July 15.    @Trustee20

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

benza4ital
Returning Member

My tax refund on the 2020 return was $14,000 and $6,000 from TurboTax.  Please explain

@benza4ital wrote:

My tax refund on the 2020 return was $14,000 and $6,000 from TurboTax.  Please explain

No one can see your tax return other than yourself.  What exactly is the problem you are having with the tax refund?

benza4ital
Returning Member

The IRS reports the refund was for $14247 and the deposit was for $6,797.27.  Why the difference

Did the IRS reduce your refund?  And federal and state refunds come from separate places at different times.   At the end Turbo Tax just shows you the net federal and state combined. But that is only for your info. You will still get the full refund and need to pay a tax due.

we can't see your return or notice. if you haven't gotten it yet it may take 3 weeks but should explain the difference between the two amounts. 

benza4ital
Returning Member

The IRS reports a $14,247 tax refund.  My bank deposit was $6,797.27 from TurboTax.  Is this clear?

@benza4ital 

No, it is not clear.   You did not get a deposit "from TurboTax" because TurboTax does not handle your tax refund at all.   Your refund comes from the IRS or from the state, not from TurboTax.   If you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund then the refund goes first to a third party bank.  The bank takes out your fees and sends the rest to your account.   

You say that the IRS "reports" a $14,247 refund---where are you seeing that amount?   Is that the amount on line 35a of your Form 1040?   Do you have state refunds coming?  

No one can see your account or your tax return so we need more information to understand what you are telling us.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies