turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to send one 1099 NEC to one person I paid over $600. Which Turbotax do I need? Right now it is a never-ending loop if I click on quick employer forms.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I need to send one 1099 NEC to one person I paid over $600. Which Turbotax do I need? Right now it is a never-ending loop if I click on quick employer forms.

Are you using these steps?   How to prepare 1099Misc & W2
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/how-do-i-create-w-2-and-1099-forms-in-turbotax/00/25869

To prepare W2s and 1099s in the Online Self Employed version you have to first start your personal return. Then when you log in you select Take me to my Return. Then the next screen should be the Welcome Back screen. At the bottom under Manage your Return it says Create W2s and 1099s. This will take you to the QEF Quick Employer Forms.

If you are already in your return you can log out and back in again to get to the beginning screen.

Or in your return, Anywhere on any screen you see
Help me prepare and file W-2s and 1099s
Click on it and the side box will open, Then click on Quick Employer Forms in the side box.

What happens when you get to Quick Employer Forms? 

jcapell

The Quick Employer Forms link has been moved for TY20.  In TurboTax Online Self-Employed, click on Tax Home on the left-hand side.  Scroll to the bottom and click Your Account.  Click the link for Create W-2s and 1099s.  This link should work for TTOnline.  

Easy way to find QEF -- go to this website: 

• quickemployerforms.intuit.com
  • You will need to sign in (using an existing password) or create an account.  After you purchase TTax Home & Business 2020, you get "free" eFiling of forms 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, W-2

Those of us who do just one or two TTax returns each year will appreciate not having to search "the community" in order to figure out (or in my case, re-discover) how to do things that ought to be intuitive and/or visible in helpful menus. 

Access to QEF and the ability to eFile 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC & W2 forms really is "online only."

• Hopefully TTax software developers will reduce future confusion by adding hints or revising menus within TTax Home & Business to clarify where & how eFiling of 1099-NEC/W2 does and does not work.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies