turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jjalovec

I need to provide my "signed and dated" return to my employer. I efiled and can only find the return with no pin number or date. Can I get a copy with date/pin?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I need to provide my "signed and dated" return to my employer. I efiled and can only find the return with no pin number or date. Can I get a copy with date/pin?

The 5 digit PIN is not entered on a paper tax return.

Just print a copy of the Form 1040 then sign and date the form on page 2.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

jjalovec

Thank you. I'll do that and hope they will accept it that way. Cheers!

Now if the actually want PROOF of filing for some unknown reason ... print a copy of the acceptance email TT sent you or the filing history ... Save a fresh PDF   and look  thru it for a sheet labeled "Electronic Postmark - Certification of Electronic Filing" .

That sheet tells you when you E-filed your "Federal" tax return electronically, and when it was accepted.......assuming you did file electronically and not by mail.   Of course, filling out your tax forms is not the same as completing them, and then actually filing them.  After e-filing them, you always should return to the software a few days later to make sure they were "Accepted" and not Rejected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies