Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

chihara
Returning Member

I need to efile my state returen, but when I originally did my taxes, turbotax wouldn't let me. how do I do it now?

Didn't work!

chihara
Returning Member

I need to efile my state returen, but when I originally did my taxes, turbotax wouldn't let me. how do I do it now?

Same problem, real time help was no help!  They have $25 but offer no way to efile my state!

I know your frustration KnitW1t  and you are not alone because I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM....  This sounds like a BUG in TurboTax and they should fix it with an update!

It seems like if we did not eFiled Federal at the same time as State we can't eFile State afterwards????

BTW: I also tried all the suggestions above

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This issue is scheduled to be resolved in a product update on March 19, 2021.

@Alex86

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
3bab8811c2b9
Returning Member

That is not my email

Flaka

Hey am confused to is doing it to me and I went to turbo deluxe n it's not letting me do the state return smh 

To this day this is not fixed in Turbo Tax Desktop 2023. "Check E-file Status" shows Federal return is accepted with a "Congratulations, the IRS has accepted your return and you are done with your taxes.", but still refuses to e-file State Tax returns. With last years issues filing RDP and this year's program incompetence related to a simple boolean check, we will be switching to some other product and telling our friends and representatives about it. Seems like the only way to get rid of these large monopolies for something that should be automatically done by the gov't.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies