Solved: I need to efile my state returen, but when I origi...

I need to efile my state returen, but when I originally did my taxes, turbotax wouldn't let me. how do I do it now?

Did you e-file your Federal return & was it accepted?  Your Federal return must be accepted before you can e-file a State return separate.  

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

Although you can e-file your federal and state taxes together, if you choose to e-file your federal first, you'll have to wait until that return has been accepted before you can e-file your state.

If your federal hasn't been accepted, or you printed and mailed it, you won't be able to e-file your state but you can print and mail a paper return.

Married filers: If you e-filed your federal using the joint married status, but you want to e-file your state returns separately, only one of you will be able to e-file. The other must paper-file their state return.

TurboTax Online

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Under Your tax returns & documents, select Show, and then select 2020.
  3. Now select Add a state (this reopens your return).
  4. Select State from the left menu (on mobile devices, tap in the upper-left corner to open the menu).
  5. On the Let's get your state taxes done right screen, select Continue and follow the instructions.

TurboTax Online

1. Sign in to TurboTax.