turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to fill out form CF-1040 for Battle Creek and it is not letting me update the date to the proper format under question 4

I input the date with the full 4 digit year code, however, the form appears to be stuck on a 2 digit year code, which is preventing me from e-filing my Michigan state taxes
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I'm trying to fill out form CF-1040 for Battle Creek and it is not letting me update the date to the proper format under question 4

Thank you for the clarification. I understand what you are saying. It may automatically enter the "/" for you. 

If you have not tried entering only numbers, try that in the Check This Entry section.

Otherwise, leave this screen completely and return to your Michigan interview to enter it when reporting the income. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on State in the left menu and Continue.
  • From Your 2020 Michigan taxes are ready for us to check, scroll to Other situations and select Edit.
  • At A few things before we wrap up your state taxes, select Michigan City Tax Returns and Revisit.
  • Click through until you get to the list of wages and click the pencil icon to Edit.

@wjfahey

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

The 2 digit year code may be for a different reason than for Battle Creek. Please double check the form listed. 

Running through an example of a Battle Creek, MI tax interview in TurboTax Online, I did not see an area asking for a two digit code. The only area asking for dates required a date range for when the income was earned. The format was MM/DD/YYYY. For January 1, 2020, the entry would be 01/01/2020.

For more details and to see the Battle Creek BC-1040, check page 9 of the 2020 Battle Creek 1040 Booklet.

@wjfahey

@KathrynG3 

When I go to e-file my Michigan state taxes, I'm getting a notification that I need to fix my return. It is taking me to a W-2 Worksheet for the Battle Creek taxes, and under the "Allocation Test Worksheet" section, Question 4, it is asking me for the dates I worked remote at my home. I've filled it in with a 4 digit year code, but it is saying (and displaying on the worksheet) a 2 digit year code. Below is a screenshot of where this is occuring for me.

Capture.PNG

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Thank you for the clarification. I understand what you are saying. It may automatically enter the "/" for you. 

If you have not tried entering only numbers, try that in the Check This Entry section.

Otherwise, leave this screen completely and return to your Michigan interview to enter it when reporting the income. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on State in the left menu and Continue.
  • From Your 2020 Michigan taxes are ready for us to check, scroll to Other situations and select Edit.
  • At A few things before we wrap up your state taxes, select Michigan City Tax Returns and Revisit.
  • Click through until you get to the list of wages and click the pencil icon to Edit.

@wjfahey

That did the trick. Thank you @KathrynG3 - very much appreciate the help!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Excellent-Glad to hear it. You're welcome!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies