Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I'm self-employed, paid all my estimated taxes prior to filing, I'm being asked to fill in a box on 'Sch SE-T: Max deferral line 18 must be entered'??? What is this?

Please don't give up on me but I do not understand what you mean to calculate the income by 280/366? What do those numbers mean?

JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

I'm self-employed, paid all my estimated taxes prior to filing, I'm being asked to fill in a box on 'Sch SE-T: Max deferral line 18 must be entered'??? What is this?

@KathrynG3 is recommending you multiply your income by the resultant of 280 divided by 366 to come up with a value to use that represents the amount of your income that was earned from March 27-Dec 31.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

The numbers are the number of days in one year, March 27 through December 31 is 280 days. It was a leap year in 2020, so the bottom number is 366 days for the total number of days in the year.  I apologize for the delay-did not mean to miss your reply!

@erongranneman 

@KathrynG3 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Thank you for all of your advice and patience!

Your option #2 ended up working and I was able to file today. 

@JeffreyR77  - Thank you for your input as it helped me get through this and file today. I really appreciate it!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Hooray! You're welcome!

@erongranneman 

"In TurboTax Online, prompt the Federal Review which will generate the error. Adjust the value of income attributable to March 27-Dec 31 (280/366ths of your self-employed income) from the Check this Entry section."

The review screen does not offer access to any forms in order to make edits to the value.  

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Whenever the error involves Sch SE-T like this, the option to adjust the amount of income is best available at the original entry. By leaving the review completely and going back into the interview, you can make any adjustments and get out of this loop. We appreciate your patience. 

It is best to be on a PC using Windows 10 in a cache & cookies free browser. If previously using Chrome, use a new Chrome incognito window to open your return. 

@jomacgugan

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies