Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm on the part where it says state and local tax refund.the amount that we got back last year.is it state and federal or just state that I put in?

I'm not sure if the amount in the box is correct and need to know if I just put the state or the state and federal amount in box?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I'm on the part where it says state and local tax refund.the amount that we got back last year.is it state and federal or just state that I put in?

You do not enter anything about your 2020 federal refund.   IF you itemized deductions for 2020 instead of using your standard deduction, then enter the state refund you received and any city or local tax refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Enter only the state refund that you received last year.

i did do the standard deduction.its asking if the state and local tax refund summary is correct and if its not then to edit it.

will that include the state withholding from w2 or do I need to add that in? I'm so confused lol.I just want to make sure its correct cause I believe its not because they sent me a letter last year for my state income tax that the amount I was suppose to get back was way over and they fixed it so I got way less back.if you understand what I'm saying.

Screenshot_20220121-110402_Photo Editor.jpg

If you used standard deduction for 2020 you do not even have to enter anything for this.   You would only have to enter it if you itemized.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

ok ty

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies