turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

contact10

I'm getting an error on importing my 1099-B from "Etrade Securities" that says "The 1099 import service for E*TRADE Securities is currently unavailable." Is there an eta?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

46 Replies
qwertyuiop69
Returning Member

I'm getting an error on importing my 1099-B from "Etrade Securities" that says "The 1099 import service for E*TRADE Securities is currently unavailable." Is there an eta?

I've had the same issue for the past week (TurboTax Premier Online) and the support reps keep saying "maybe they're working on it, try again tomorrow."

I am not confident this issue will ever be resolved.

feb. 25th 9 pm pst

I am having the same problem.  2/25/20

I'm also having a similar problem.... except the message is "Invalid signon", which I've double-checked of course.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Can you try to enter it manually using the steps posted below? Please let us know if this helps:

• Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  • In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  • Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  • Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  • At Let's get your tax info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B (type it in yourself).
  • Follow the instructions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TiffanyL... please!  The whole point of this request is b/c I do not want to input the data myself.  My 1099-B is 18 pages long!  BTW, this is for 2020, not 2019...

The "standard" is stating no more than 500 transactions. But I am finding it hard to believe that you are exceeding this on 18 pages. Please correct me if I am wrong as that might be the reason for the problem you are encountering.

Having said that, I've listed a few potential solutions I found and put together just now. I am not seeing that anyone has yet to post this in this thread, so I will start here: 

(A) Please see the following instructions to import your Fidelity accounts into TurboTax:

1. Type import in the search bar and click search.
  2. Click on Jump to import. 
  3. Click start/edit/add on 1099-INT or 1099-DIV or Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.
  4. Continue with the onscreen interview and identify your financial institution. 
  5. Type in the Online ID and Passcode.
  6. Continue with the online interview to import your financial data.

Tip: When selecting your financial institution or brokerage from the list, be sure to select the right one. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the "wrong" First National Bank, you won't be able to import. Related information: How do I import my 1099? Which 1099 forms can be imported?

(B) E*Trade Securities Download/Upload Instructions

Tried importing from my Etrade account getting the error still.

Using Deluxe version of Turbo Tax 2020.

I have over 5000 transactions and my schedule B is over 160 pages.

I think INTUIT owes the community a solution to this problem.  We purchased this product so that we don't have to MAIL any documents to the IRS.  We need this to be all "electronic".

Please fix this problem.

None of you Experts seem to get the fact that we know how to follow instructions while doing TT.  Please listen...

the ETrade import does NOT work, period!  Get this issue escalated to the IT dept. so it can be addressed properly.  We do not need Experts to repeat the TT steps to us; we need IT to fix the aggregation software problem.  None of us want to mail these ETrade statements manually to the IRS.  

My Etrade import of 1099B is failing as well, i have already spent over more than a week on this.

I am wondering why can't they give proper update on the issues turbo tax is facing. I have purchased turbo tax premier.

Two imports which i am trying to import has 1100, 3800 transactions. 

Big question is: Is turbotax going to RESOLVE this issue ever ? as i see similar issues getting posted since 2019 and its 2021. 

I have already talked with live customer support and after an hour of talking, i am redirected to her supervisor to which i need to explain the issue again, they say they are working on it ?

Then i receive email indicated case is closed !!!  (not sure what to make of it) 

So can someone from turbotax team really raise this issue with highest priority and give folks here an update, without each having to call up and coming to same conclusion ?

Also, if you have 2000 transactions or 5000 transaction in 1099B why should it matter ? 

Also, No, these transaction can't be manually entered !!!

Appreciate any quick response and update , hopefully turbotax team takes quick action on this!! 

Has anyone received a resolution to this issue yet? I have 1800 transactions.  Paid $109 for the desktop Premier version.  Taxes are due next month and this is holding up many users from filing.  And no - I will not be satisfied with “you can enter them manually” as a fix.

You should be able to import your 1099-B transactions using the mobile app.  Here is a link to the instructions. You can import up to 1500 transactions.   If there are more than 1,500 transactions, the desktop software will be required.  Please see this link.  TurboTax's tool is working and to use it, your bank has to be on this list.

@reyrockswell

Are you suggesting that I do my taxes on a mobile app?  That is, on a smart phone?  Give me a break, ReneeM7122!  The Link just gives the regular instructions on how to import..... I'm afraid this thread is way beyond that idea.  Your List of institutions is old news also!  Please read the previous thread submissions so that you don't waste our time with useless replies.

Hello All Employee Tax Experts,

We all know the instructions.

We all purchased this software because we need to IMPORT our data and ELECTRONICALLY submit our returns.

I have over 5000 transactions on my 1099B.  I don’t want to mail in ANY papers to the IRS.   That is why I spent over a $100 to get the downloaded software.

Question for the Experts:  when will you fix the problem with the import problem with E*TRADE ?

Please give us a solution and not a “mail in” solution 

thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies