Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I'm getting an error on importing my 1099-B from "Etrade Securities" that says "The 1099 import service for E*TRADE Securities is currently unavailable." Is there an eta?

Still waiting on an answer from the experts. This is becoming VERY frustrating.

I'm getting an error on importing my 1099-B from "Etrade Securities" that says "The 1099 import service for E*TRADE Securities is currently unavailable." Is there an eta?

My father just tried to import his Etrade on TT Premier desktop and it seems to be working for him. He has about 1900 trades. Please reply if anyone else is successful.

@reyrockswell It doesn't work on my TT Premier desktop, have 1100 and 3800 txns!! is that windows you tried on ? or Mac !

Windows 10

My father who also has the same issue was able to import his 1099 via the TurboTax import feature.  The only thing different that he did was two days ago he went to Etrade and requested a hard copy of his 1099 to be mailed.  Today when he went into TurboTax Premiere to import it - no error and his trades were there and was able to import successfully. The trades were there! Might be worth a shot.

any update? i have over 10,000 transactions and no luck importing...

saurabh_vlsi
Returning Member

The issue still persists. Anybody was able to get a resolution from Turbo or Etrade? 

None whatsoever.... I decided to mail the 1099-B to the IRS in TX.  Copying and mailing the package cost around $12 total, plus my time of course!!

@VinoTJs did you also send 8949/ schedule-D of all transactions on 1099-B to IRS as well  or just 1099-B !!

saurabh_vlsi
Returning Member

Wow!! I had a call with Etrade customer rep and he said they will upload the 1099 again for me which most likely will resolve the issue.  Waiting now..

Yes, Form 8949 is also required.  It is basically a line-item summary of each 1099-B.  The total from 8949 then gets transferred to the Sch. D.

Good luck with that... I'd like to know if this really happened for you.

@saurabh_vlsi which team you talked to with etrade, they said they are not working on any issue last i called!! good luck !

saurabh_vlsi
Returning Member

I spoke to a customer care guy and he said they will upload mine 1099 again and that most likely will resolve it.

etrade mentioned they the software version has a maximum of 2,000 transactions, i have well over 10,000 so looks like ill have to summarize the sales and mail the 1099B to texas

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies