turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm filing for Doordash and put in my income and deductions, but it is coming back with a rejection. What could I be doing wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

I'm filing for Doordash and put in my income and deductions, but it is coming back with a rejection. What could I be doing wrong?

More clarification is needed to answer this question - What was your error code for your rejected return? 

Also, does your income shown on your 1099-NEC match the income on your Schedule C? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What happened? 

R0000-932-02 - If "Amended Return" checkbox is not checked, then taxpayer TIN in the Return Header must not be the same as a TIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period indicated in the tax return.

Next step:

We'll help you get this updated on your federal return and e-file.

All I had was the 1099-NEC form from Doordash - I figured if I bought the $130 self-employed package, a tax expert would help and guide me through the process?

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Rejection R0000-932-02 occurs when a return with either your or your spouse's Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) has already been filed with the federal government.

This can happen if:

• Your spouse or another family member filed your return for you
  • Your (or your spouse's) SSN or ITIN was entered incorrectly
  • The same SSN or ITIN was used for both filers on a joint return
  • Somebody filed a fraudulent return using your (or your spouse's) SSN or ITIN

If you're sure nobody you know already filed your return for you, the next step is to review your entries in TurboTax to make sure there aren't any transposed or incorrect numbers:

1. Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button.
  2. At the Let’s fix your returns and then refile page, select My Info in the left menu. Don’t select the Fix it now button.
  3. On the Personal info summary screen, make sure the SSN or ITIN for the first person has been entered correctly.
    • If it's wrong, select Edit to the right of your name to fix it, then Continue.
    • Repeat this step for your spouse if needed.
    • If all SSNs/ITINs were originally entered correctly, stop and see the information below.
  4. Now select File from the left menu.
  5. Follow the instructions (but don't select Fix my return if you see it, as you've already done that) and proceed with the refiling process.

If your social is correct, then it's likely that somebody filed a fraudulent return using your information. Contact us right away for further assistance.

In addition, you won't be able to e-file because your or your spouse's SSN or ITIN has already been accepted. Instead, you'll need to print and file your return.

@shelbeeeeerae

driana_95

I am having this same problem. There isn't an error code popping up for me.. it just keeps saying I need to put information in schedule c. After i click the review button and it redirects me to put in the info in schedule c... it doesn't save it and I keep getting the same problem. I already have deleted and reentered my info multiple times I dont know whats wrong. I tried to call someone in march to help me with this and they didn't know what to do either. is there a way you guys can fix this?

HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

What specific information is it asking you to re-enter @driana_95 ? Please clarify so that we can help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies