turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I logged online to get my information for my unemployment claim for last year and was provided the financial info but its not a 1099g form so I don't know payer name?

I was provided how much I was paid $960.00, how much fed taxes were held $96.00, how much state tax held $8.00, Fed Tax ID 86-0369595, and state tax id 07-506284E. However I don't believe I received an actual 1099G Form so I don't know payer name and address info. This was my first time ever getting unemployment so I really don't know how to file it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Patrice

I logged online to get my information for my unemployment claim for last year and was provided the financial info but its not a 1099g form so I don't know payer name?

The payer name for Fed Tax ID 86-0369595 is Arizona Department of Economic Security.

I was wondering what the address you used was? 

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Department of Economic Security

Unemployment Insurance Administration

P. O. Box 29225

Phoenix, Arizona 85038-9225

Arizona

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much!

bejarn3
Returning Member

What about the payers id number? Is it the same as federal id? Thank you !!!

@bejarn3 You have added on to a thread that is months old and that has had posts from multiple users.  Your question is not clear.  What are you trying to do--or enter?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
bejarn3
Returning Member

Im so sorry. Im new to this community thing. I was asking that if the payers id # was the same as the federal id# .

sorry everyone!!!! But thank you for answering 

@bejarn3 Payer ID of WHAT?   Please be specific.  We cannot see your screen, your tax return,  your account, or the papers in your hand.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Carl
Level 15

I think I know what's being asked here. For the box on the 1099-G labeled "Payer's TIN" that number is referred to by some as the Payer's ID" and others as the FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number". So the only difference between the "payer's ID" and the "EIN" is the spelling.

If you have anything in box 10, do not confuse the above with the "State Identification No." in box 10b.

Hey so I got those same codes on a message I didn't understand here is what it said. My question is what does this letter mean in normal talk and do i need to file my taxes now to report these earnings to the irs? Or what do i do please help me out ok here is the copied and pasted message i recurve after trying to renew a claim after a pause in filing weekly claims due to going back to work from 12/01/2020 to 12/23/2020

●☆☆☆message☆☆☆•This is important tax information and is being furnished to the Internal Revenue Service. If you are required to
file a return, a negligence penalty or other sanction may be imposed on you if this income is taxable and the IRS
determines that it has not been reported.
Statement for Recipients of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Payments during 2020.
Unemployment Compensation: $3906.00 ATAA Payments: $ 0.00
Federal Income Tax Withheld: $246.00 Account No.: 14978708
State Income Tax Withheld: $0.00
Notice to Recipient
The Revenue Act of 1978 requires the payers (Department of Economic Security) to report unemployment
compensation payments of $10 or more. Payers must file Copy A of Form 1099-G with the Internal Revenue
Service and must furnish Copy B of the form to the person receiving the payments by January 31 of the
following year.
The totals above show the unemployment compensation paid to you this year from this payer and the amounts
you elected withheld for federal and state income tax. The unemployment compensation represents taxable
income to you. For more information, see the instructions for your Federal income tax return.
The State and Federal ID numbers are as follows:
State ID #07-506284E
Federal ID #86-0369595

Please someone or multiple people help me out to get this fixed. Now from what I understand the begging what it says here some info about me I plan on filling for taxes for what I collected last year in unemployment and for what I worked I did pay about half of my taxes but halfway through I declined to have then take takes on the only 100dollars I was receiving after funds lastly ran out so I do plan on paying that back but the other reason I stopped paying taxes is cuz EVERY year that I file my taxes on that year I have worked and played my taxes automatically out of my paycheck well at the end of year I always get all my fed and state taxes back so in your opinion am I going to be in trouble this year or something or do you think it will all work itself out if I just go ahead and file or I guess report earnings aka to the irs?
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The information you shared is an electronic version of Form 1099-G that reports the unemployment that you received in 2020.  

When you are working on your tax return and entering information for Form 1099-G, you will enter the total amount of unemployment compensation you received and the Federal taxes that were withheld.  Since there were no state taxes withheld, you will not need to enter those details.  

When you are ready to enter the information about your unemployment, use the following steps in TurboTax:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “unemployment” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to unemployment
  • Click on the blue “Jump to unemployment” link

@Travis1kraft

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies