turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just spoke to the IRS & they told me they will send my return out in the mail today. How long did it take for you all to receive yours in the mail?

My return was sent to my bank today but they denied it & sent it back to the IRS. I just got off the phone with them & they told me they're going to mail it out today. For those who had to get their return mailed after it being sent back. How long did it take to receive?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
LeeM

I just spoke to the IRS & they told me they will send my return out in the mail today. How long did it take for you all to receive yours in the mail?

The IRS sends out all refund checks via US Postal Service first class mail which takes between 1-3 business days.

I just got off the phone with the IRS and they mailed my check (even tho I selected DD and included my account and routing number) on April 1st and they said it’ll take over a month to receive it VIA postal delivery by mail?! That doesn’t seem right to me!! It should only take 3-5 business days for something to be delivered to my mailbox no matter where it’s coming from!!

How long did it take? 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Dewey gentry

You are commenting on an older thread that may have outdated information.  TurboTax cannot estimate how long it will take for you to receive your refund check.  The best way to track this is the Where's My Refund site from the IRS.  Also, please see the FAQ here from the IRS on refunds. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Asvpxndn

Do you remember how long it took to receive the check after mailed. This year WMR says it was mailed June 10th. Did you have to wait a crazy amount of time?

Coansons

How long did it takes to receive check

@Coansons 

This is an old thread ... doubt anyone will answer you.   The IRS sends mail first class however the office they send it from and where you live will determine how long a check will take to come in the mail.  Expect it to take 2 weeks or more and be thrilled if it shows up faster.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies